300??! We’re celebrating 300 mornings of creativity with a PARTY! Who loves parties the most? Why, yetis, of course! Today’s Mini Party Piñata project is one you’ll love for any fun occasion, and with today’s LovenStamps directions you won’t need any special supplies – just cardstock, some trim (the Iridescent Trim 159594 is pretty perfect) and a way to score your paper.
How to Make a DIY Paper Piñata
- Start with cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and score at 2″, 4″, 6″ and 8″. Turn and score 2″ from one long edge and 1″ from the other long edge.
- Cut tabs and score lines as shown and fold the box together.
- Cut cardstock to 1.5″ x 3″ and fold in half. Punch a hole in the center and string trim through the hole to create the pull string.
- Fold opposite 2″ tabs down at the top and bring the other 2″ tabs together to create the hanging top. Add a looped string to hang.
- Place the pull string into the bottom end so that the string will hang out and the square cardstock will tuck in under the bottom flaps. Fold the flaps in a circle, tucking the last flap under the first flap.
- Decorate the outside and fill the inside with treats.
- Pull bottom tab to open!
Want to make today’s Yeti to Party Piñata? Be sure to get the Yeti Dies that coordinate with the Yeti to Party stamp set – available just since September 1 as part of the Perfect Partners promotion – 6 new sets of dies to coordinate with stamp sets in the 2022–2023 Annual Catalog and the July–December 2022 Mini Catalog. These coordinating dies will only be available during this promotion and will not be offered in any catalog.
Love the added confetti and the colors? Only 2 days left to get the Splendid Day DSP as part of September Weekly Deals (new specials on Thursday morning), and the stars are actually part of the Witch Hat Builder Punch – handy!
One of my favorite comments from the video today was the idea to use this mini piñata to hold money for grandkid Christmas gifts. Such a clever idea! You can of course put anything you want inside – the size is 2″ x 2″ and 3″ tall, although you can certainly change up the size of the starting cardstock to change the height of the box.
Plus one more tip in the video tutorial – I’ll show you how to make a simple tassel to dress up the pull tab on your Party Piñata.
A big thank you to my friend Cathy Roy for inspiring this project! When I was coming up with an idea to celebrate 300 episodes of Maker Mornings with Meg, my daughter suggested a piñata that I had brought home years ago. It was created from a retired Stampin’ Up! die by Cathy – so today’s project is a makeover of Cathy’s original piñata. Thanks Cathy!!
Ready to see the details? The video tutorial will walk you through everything you need to know to make your own piñata at home. And supplies for shopping are linked below.
Yeti to Party – Mini Party Piñata: Stampin’ Up! Tutorial
Add items to your cart with September hostess code E9FKPBDK for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Yeti to Party Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code E9FKPBDK)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. September Happy Forest Friends Tutorials are available through September 30.
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use September Hostess Code (E9FKPBDK). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family – and get a terrific discount on your Starter Kit, plus the orders you place as a demonstrator!
Paper Pumpkin September 2022: sign up by September 10
- Get your Halloween crafting on with the Spooky Treats Paper Pumpkin Kit. This month’s kit includes everything you need to make 18 absolutley adorable (and just the right amount of spooky) treat boxes—that’s 6 each of 3 unique designs! No need to let the season creep up on you; subscribe and order your kit today.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin