Do you follow me on Instagram? Recently I had a conversation with another crafter about a card that I’d posted – one with a fun Tag Front Card design from a year ago. I didn’t realize that I’d never shared that card here on my blog, so thought I should let you know… be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook so you don’t miss anything fun! (You can even see a quick video of this project on my Instagram feed)
My Rooted in Nature card design here is similar to the Dutch Door Cards that I was loving last summer. But instead of having the panel fold from the side, this Tag Front Card layout uses a strip of the card front as an overlapping layer on the front of the card.
Plus don’t you love when cards have the PERFECT design for making the most of your Designer Series Paper? This contrasting In Color DSP is 2″ x 4″, which means you can cut 4 strips from a single 6″x6″ piece of paper. Perfect! And with the Buy 3, Get 1 FREE special in July, you’re going to love ideas for using your designer papers.
How To Make a Tag Front Card
- Cut cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 7 3/4″
- Score at 5 1/2″
- Punch a 2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of cardstock with the Banner Triple Punch and add to the card front
- Cut inside cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and contrast Designer Series Paper layer to 2″ x 4″
That card design was such a fun one that I’ve created a whole family of matching cards, using the same layout but different papers and stamp sets. Do you ever do this? I love when a great design is so flexible and can be adapted to so many themes!
Actually, I just posted a video tutorial about using design themes – be sure to check it out from my Stamps in the Mail Club last month.
Ready to create? Here’s what you’ll need to order (click the images to shop online):
BUY 3, GET 1 FREE special on Designer Papers!
Shop today to get these gorgeous papers!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (July: 2XRCXATR). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
10 FREE Classic Stampin Pads – Join my family!
New demonstrator special – July 1 – July 31
- Been thinking about all the PERKS of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator?
- Thought about ordering with a Demonstrator Discount?
- Wish you had VIP access to new products and ideas?
- LovenStampsfuls family would love to welcome you!
- Starter Kit is $99 and includes $125 in product of your choice – PLUS $67.50 in FREE ink pads! Learn more about why you’d LOVE being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your JULY Kit!
Includes the Tropical Chic stamp set and three ink colors plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Add the Tropical Thinlits Dies to your kit at a discount – also available with Tropical Escape Suite Bundles!