Are you nervous about trying the new Soft Pastels? This Sweet as a Peach card idea will teach you how to master this new coloring tool. Just add Versamark for a fabulous Poppin’ Pastels technique. Seriously – these peaches look good enough to eat.
I might be a little bit excited about this card idea.
The Poppin’ Pastels technique is an ‘oldie but goodie’ from my stamping toolbox. I shared some fabulous Soft Pastels ideas recently (with the Plentiful Plants stamp set) but today’s project makes the absolute perfect stamp set for this technique and turns it into a gorgeous blended color project.
Poppin’ Pastels Technique – Step by Step Directions:
- Stamp peach with Versamark Ink.
- Add a light coat of Stampin Pastel by dusting over the stamped image with a Sponge Dauber.
- Create depth of color by using a Soft Pastel stick to color directly on the stamped image.
- Blend and smooth the colors with a Sponge Dauber and a circular burnishing movement.
The video tutorial will show you how the peaches (and the stems) come together with the Soft Pastels. If you’re a visual learner, you’re going to love the technique tutorial. Be sure to vary your color and depth for the 3 peaches and the 3 sets of leaves.
Ready to get a few other handy stamping tips for today’s project?
Special Tips for the Sweet As A Peach #DSPCardBase Card:
For the panel on the card front, you’ll want to add enough support horizontally to supplement the slightly lower weight of the DSP (compared to a normal cardstock card). Creating a panel like this one with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies is a perfect solution.
Be sure to adhere the strip of DSP contrast to the cardstock before you die cut. That way the tiny scallops at the left and right will line up perfectly.
And adding a 1″ strip of contrasting DSP at the right edge of the card front can also add extra stability to the card.
For a fabulous ribbon trick, add a zig-zag to your card front:
The simplest way to get the ribbon where you want it is to place a line of strong adhesive (Tear n Tape or Seal+) on the card panel directly. Then position the ribbon back and forth and press into the adhesive. The peaches will cover the adhesive when the card is finished.
Be sure to stamp a panel to fit inside your card, too. Important steps here – stamp the leaves in Versamark, then add the Soft Pastel in green with a Sponge Dauber. AFTER the leaves are done, then stamp the flowers in Versamark ink. Add color to them with the Sponge Dauber.
It’s much easier to keep the colors from mixing if you stamp and cover one color image at a time.
The panel inside the card is 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (since the card base is 4″ x 11″ scored in half).
And be sure to stamp the flower centers – I used Soft Suede ink, stamped off a couple of times. If you’re newer to stamping, be sure to watch the video for my tips on the “stamping off” technique. Super handy!
Love the look of this project? Be sure to check out this month’s Sweet As A Peach stamp set tutorials and the supply list. If your order is at least $50, then you’ll also receive LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” – two ready-to-stamp card kits mailed to your home for 2 of the monthly projects. Just add your stamps and ink, and I’ll supply the pre-cut papers and embellishments.
In the video tutorial, I’ll also share some extra tips about creating a #DSPCardBase – complete with cutting directions and hints on how to add layers to complement the layout.
Sweet as a Peach Card Idea – A Soft Pastels Technique Video Tutorial:
Add items to your cart with June hostess code WCKYCWHW for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code WCKYCWHW)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. June Sweet As A Peach Tutorials are available through June 30.
Shop the NEW Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog, new suites and collections!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use June Hostess Code (WCKYCWHW). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family AND get a bonus $26 in your Starter Kit, for a total of $125 in products of your choice for only $99 (and the shipping is free!).
LAST CHANCE at the January – June Mini Catalog!
- Check out stamps, dies and accessories that will retire on June 30 (or while supplies last). Specially selected products up to 50% off – including kits, dies and more.
Don’t miss the chance to add supplies to your stamping collection at terrific prices. Shop early for best selection.
- See what’s on the retiring list now