Looking for a fun treat to make for holiday gifts? You know, the ones you always think about making to hand out to neighbors you see at the Post Office, or the clerk at the grocery store who always says something nice to you?
Oh wait – you haven’t gotten around to making those? Really? Well let me help you!! This is a really quick, really easy project that doesn’t use many supplies and is sure to put a smile on the face and in the heart of anyone who receives it from you!
Plus you can make about 20 of them in under an hour. That’s 20 smiles to share – won’t it feel great to share that happiness?
(click the photo for a larger view)
See how they fit together? The Petal Card Double Punch (see it online) is a perfect size for making little treat holders for the “minis” size of chocolates (Mmmmm….).
Here’s what you’ll do (picture yourself sharing these with friends!):
- Punch two petal card pieces for each candy. Place the candy inside one, put dabs of glue on three tabs of the other punched piece. Fold up and hold to adhere.
- Punch out ovals with the Small Oval Punch (see it online) from the Champagne Glimmer Paper (see it online)
- Stamp little trees (or another design) with the Merry Minis stamp set (see it online) and punch them with the matching Merry Minis Punch Pack (see them online).
- Layer all the pieces and put three treats into a perfectly sized 4 x 6″ Cellophane Bag (see them online).
- Tie with a piece of the sweet 1/4″ Sweater Trim (see it online).
- Add a cute little tag — if you don’t know who you’re going to give this to, then write something like “For You” instead of a specific name. Add a glimmer star with the Merry Minis Punch Pack (from above) and you’re all done!
So what do you think? I know you can do it!! If you make little treats to share this season, let me know – I’d love to hear about the smiles you’re spreading! And if you see me at the post office or at the IGA, maybe I’ll still have some left to share with you in person.
Looking for color ideas? Here’s what I used (click to shop for each):
Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)