Did you see your shadow today? It’s Groundhog Day, but I’ve decided to honor our furry friend with these fun feathered friends – and the release of a NEW set of dies to coordinate with the Hey Birthday Chick stamp set, plus the RE-release of the Hey Chick stamp set from 2017 (and dies!!). Check out the new chick products.
These chickens were hot back when they debuted in 2017, and I think they’re going to fly the coop now, too! Stampin’ Up! released two stamp set bundles today – Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick, each with their own set of cutting dies. Get them bundled or just the dies or stamps, you’re going to love this first of my February LovenStamps Monthly Tutorials featured cards!
All the Stair Step Cards I’ve shared in the past used a horizontal direction (like this Majestic Mountain card from my blog). Today though, I wanted to make a vertical card to show off our flying chicken, so I created a new version of the Stair Step Card, complete with new cutting and scoring directions.
How to Make the Hey Birthday Chick Stair Step Card:
- Begin with cardstock cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″.
- At the 1 1/2″ line, cut the cardstock the long direction from 1 1/2″ to 7 1/2″.
- Turn cardstock and begin scoring across the short direction. Score the wider half of the card from the cut to the edge at 1 1/2″, 2 1/2″, 4 1/2″ and 7 1/2″. Score at the 5 1/2″ point ALL the way across the card.
- Beginning at the 7 1/2″ score line, fold the card base so that the tallest ‘step’ is created. Alternate folding up or down in a “W” pattern until all score lines are folded. Fold the card in half on the 5 1/2″ score line to complete.
After that, decorate as you like! Be sure to watch the video tutorial for additional helpful tips:
- Use ink to get the best impressions on the fence die cut.
- Place adhesive on the ‘other’ layer to avoid sealing the card shut.
- Stampin’ Write Markers – easy coloring with Meg’s 1 – 2 – 3 Method.
Ready for the video tutorial? I’ll walk you through the steps on making your own flying chicken birthday stair step card.
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. February Tutorials are available through February 28!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online):
Shop the January-June and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use February Hostess Code (RHYS3AXU). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Paper Pumpkin February 2020: Beary Comforting