Do you have friends who love a good pop-up card or cards that move when they’re opened? Then you’ll want to try this Stair Step Card Tutorial – and make your own pop-up card at home. With the Mountain Air stamp set, you can created beautiful layered scenery in actual 3-D. Each layer of the scenery sits on a different layer of the stair step.
The card looks pretty complicated, but it’s not too difficult once you’ve seen it created – good thing I have a video tutorial to share! The biggest part of the card is figuring out the scoring, which I’ve done for you ahead of time.
Stair Step Card Cutting and Scoring Directions
- Cut card base to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Cut along center line (at 2 3/4″) to create a stop point for score lines
- Score on the stair step side of the card base at 1 1/4″, 2″, 3 1/8″, 4 1/4″ (extend this line across the whole card), and 6 1/8″
- Go back to the 2 3/4″ cutting line and extend it between the 1 1/4″ line and the 6 1/8″ line.
For folding and assembly you’ll want to watch the video tutorial. There are some special tips for making the layers line up and fold correctly.
This Mountain Air Stair Step Card is one of the 4 cards featured in March on my LovenStamps Monthly Tutorials, free with any order in my online store in March. This stair step card is ALSO one of the cards you’ll receive in the March LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” – one of two pre-cut cards, including embellishments and materials to make your own version of the card at home. To earn a LovenStamps Card Kit “To Go”, just place an order in my online store totaling at least $50 during March.
View below or use the link to view directly on my LovenStamps YouTube channel. Don’t forget to subscribe while you’re there!
Ready to stamp? Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Tutorials are available now!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online):
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Shop online – it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year!
- Perfect seasonal Stamps, papers and embellishments from the January/June 2020 Catalog
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration catalog selection for EVERY $50 you order
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (4FHRUJAP). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Last chance at the special offers during Sale-A-Bration only: FREE mini paper cutter, 6×6″ Designer Series Paper sampler and a FREE stamp set of your choice! Only until March 31! Learn more
7 thoughts on “Stair Step Cards Made Simple: Majestic Mountain Scenery Card Tutorial”
Thank you so much for sharing this creative idea for this card and stamp set.
You’re welcome! So glad you enjoyed the idea! Happy Stamping – Meg
Wow this card is so AWESOME! A must on my to do list. Thank you for sharing.
So glad you like the card, Joan! Have fun creating!!
Just used the technique for a Christmas village in the steps. I tried to follow another woman making it, and I think she had measures wrong, but was a no go. Thanks for simplifying it. Your card is beautiful!
So glad you found my stairstep card tutorial helpful, Lisa! Thanks for your kind comments – and so glad to hear that you’re having fun crafting. Happy Stamping! -Meg
loved this card and all your tips, I saw the tutorial a year after you posted it and was able to still get the stamps and dies, but unfortunately I missed out on the DSP you used, but thought it was the perfect choice. I will see if I can find someone with that plaid