In Episode 238 we looked at the new Slim Card Dies – perfect for this trending card format. We also used the Simply Marbleous DSP, available through Sale-a-bration, but today we’re adding an ombre effect and a truly funny greeting from the Bragworthy stamp set. I’ll review two ways to get the ombre background (hint: only one uses Blending Brushes) and two ways to attach the detailed Slim Card die cut (hint: only one uses Multipurpose Liquid Glue) so you can decide what YOUR best methods will be.
But first, don’t forget to decorate the inside of your card! This greeting from Sunny Sentiments stamp set is a terrific complement.
I love the way these products come together to create a fabulous finished ‘fancy’ effect.
For the front of my card, the video tutorial gives the most detail on how I created the ombre effect before die cutting, but here are the two methods in progress:
- (Top photo below) Use the Direct to Paper method – slide your ink pad along the cardstock to rub ink directly from the pad onto your paper.
- (Bottom photo below) Use Blending Brushes to add ink to your paper.
Stampin’ Up! Slim Line Card Measurements
Looking for measurements for a Slim Line Card? Here are mine to fit the envelopes:
- Card Base: 7 1/2″ x 8 3/4″, score in half at 3 3/4″
- Designer Series Paper Layers (to accommodate 6×6 paper): 3 1/4″ x 6″, 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Layer for the Slim Card Dies: 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
What else could layer for this envelope except a fun fancy design? The new Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks provide the perfect complement.
Have you seen the Sale-A-Bration perks yet? SO many fun items that you can earn for free ONLY until February 28 – including today’s Simple Marbleous Designer Series Paper. And be sure to check out my other Sale-A-Bration project ideas. Remember that your order with me in February earns you the Daffodil Daydream LovenStamps PDF Tutorials. And if you go ahead and select at least $50 in products to earn your free Sale-A-Bration selection, then you’ll also get my LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” for February, along with your LovenStamps Perks Points!
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy – including the 4 (plus a bonus #5) Daffodil Daydream Tutorials for February 2022.
Flower Power Paper Piecing with Driving By and Sale-A-Bration DSP – Stampin’ Up! Video Tutorial
Add items to your cart with February hostess code C237S4KK for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Slim Line Card Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code C237S4KK)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. February Daffodil Daydream Tutorials are available through February 28.
Shop online – January 4 to February 28, 2022 – get FREE Stampin’ Up! products when you shop!
- Shop early for the best chance at papers, kits, and embellishments retiring soon.
- Available While Supplies Last!
- When you order: use February Hostess Code (C237S4KK). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
I’d love to have you join my LovenStampfuls Demonstrator Family!
- Join me and my team of demonstrators – located all over the US.
- From Jan 4 to Feb 28, get the $99 Starter Kit — including $126 in Stampin’ Up! catalog products of your choice, PLUS TWO BONUS Free Stamp Sets!! Shipping is free!
- SO many perks available – early access to new items, discounts on your purchases, be sure to check out all the goodies!
- Happy Shoppers are welcome!
- Or try something new – I’m happy to help you build your creative business!
- Learn more and get started by ordering your kit today: