Have you ever used Crystal Effects? (see it online) It’s a liquid gloss that comes in a bottle. You use the nozzle to apply however much you want to your project, and it’s great for adding shine to lots of elements:
- candle flames
- anything you want to be shiny 🙂
Here’s a card using the new Snow Flurry Big Shot Die (see it online) from the Holiday Catalog along with a great Window Sheet technique.
Actually, this technique gets so many rave reviews that I can’t believe I haven’t already shared it on my blog! So here’s the card, and directions to follow:
Glassy Window Sheets Technique:
- Use a Big Shot die to cut the shape of choice from a Window Sheet
- Carefully apply Crystal Effects to the entire shape, being careful to keep a thin coat.
- Place a dot of ink from an Ink Refill bottle on a piece of scrap plastic. Use a toothpick to pick up a tiny amount of ink. Gently swirl the color into the Crystal Effects.
- Allow the Crystal Effects to dry — probably for an hour or more, depending on thickness of the layer.
- Mount the finished piece so that it is layered above the card background for best effect (think multiple Stampin’ Dimensionals). It’s just not as cool-looking when it’s flat on the card stock.
Hope you have fun with this technique! It’s also terrific with the Beautiful Butterflies Die!