Welcome to Crazy Crafters Blog Hop and my LovenStamps blog!
I’m Meg Loven from Illinois in the USA. If you’re new to blog hopping, get ready for a mini New Year’s road trip…or plane trip, since you’ll be traveling from one side of the globe to the other!
At the bottom of my post, you will find a list of all the participating blogs that are part of the hop! You can easily move along from blog to blog and see what everyone’s created.
As we come to a close on 2019, I wanted to say a huge ‘thank you’ to all the stampers who visit my blog and share my love of crafting. What a wonderful world, where we can get excited about making beautiful thing from paper!
Speaking of the world – welcome to all the Australian crafters who are hopping on over from the other side of the globe! I’m honored to be invited as a Guest Blogger with Kylie’s Crazy Crafters this month.
For the hop, the Crazy Crafters each select one of my past blog posts (good thing I have a lot – over 1,700 posts to choose from!). Then they CASE (copy and selectively edit) a project from that post and share their own version of my stamped project.
Here’s the project I picked from my own blog – featuring a 3″ x 4″ center layer – although in this original project, I used a piece of Designer Series Paper instead of plain colored card stock.
In the CASE version I’m sharing today, I’m sharing today, I’ve used products from the NEW upcoming Occasions Catalog – which debuts on January 3, 2019. Don’t have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator? Live in the US? Be sure to request a catalog from me if you’d like your own paper copy of the fabulous new Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs (debuting January 3) and I’ll pop one in the mail to you!
Let me share a few “LovenStamps Pro Stamper Tips” on making your own 3×4 centerpiece card.
LovenStamps Pro Tips:
- Pro Tip #1: Turn any favorite framelits into embossing dies with the Big Shot Embossing Mats (how to video), like the Butterfly Beauty Framelits Dies I’ve used here in the background.
- Pro Tip #2: Extend a die cut that’s a little too short by cutting in the middle and placing a strategic layer over the top (yes, that Blueberry Bushel swirl in the center is only about 2/3 the length that it appears!
- Pro Tip #3: Use a center feature layer that uses your paper or card stock wisely. By cutting the center Pineapple Punch layer to 3″ x 4″, you can cut the perfect layer size at 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ which means less fussy layer trimming and more time for creating. Plus Designer Series Paper is 12″ x 12″, so cutting layers to 3×4 means you can maximize your pretty papers.
I actually use this card design frequently – it’s one of my favorites. Here are a few more past ideas from my blog (click the images to see those original posts).
I love seeing what these amazing crafters create – and I love that we can inspire each other all over the world. If you’re in the US and you’re looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, then I’d love to be your contact for ordering these amazing supplies.
Be sure to click on around the hop to see what other CASE’d creations we’re sharing on today’s hop! Thanks for stopping by!
Products You’ll Need for Crafting At Home (links available on January 3!):
Shop the Holiday Catalog!
Shop online and share the gift of creativity
- Last chance at stamps, papers and embellishments for the holidays
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (December: 6RQ9QYBN). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your DECEMBER Kit!
Includes the Broadway Birthday stamp set and a fully inked, 5 Color Spectrum Pad plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Add the Broadway Lights Framelits Dies to your kit at a discount!