One of the most common objections I hear to digital design and digital scrapbooking is that people like the look and feel of actual layers of card stock, rather than just flat layers that just ‘look’ like layers when printed.
Well who said that you can’t use layers on a digital hybrid project?
Here are two examples of ‘actual’ cards that I created with My Digital Studio. I printed each card at home, then used my Stampin’ Up! punches to add extra elements to ‘step up’ the cards.
Can you see how the punched Scallop Circle (above) and Scallop Square (below) are separate pieces of card stock? I printed these separately, punched them and then added them to the cards with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Want to make these cards on your own but not sure of the steps? Good news! I have a 9 page MDS Instruction Booklet that includes both of these cards, plus 2 more. All 4 projects feature the So Much to Sale-A-Brate Digital Content CD that you can pick for FREE until the end of March as part of the Sale-A-Bration special from Stampin’ Up!.
The So Much to Sale-A-Brate Instruction Book includes VERY detailed instructions. If you already know MDS well, you’ll find the tips helpful. And if you haven’t used MDS much yet, you’ll love the detail and level of help provided. Here’s what one digital designer had to say:
Just wanted to say thanks for the amazing MDS tutorial. I feel like I learned a lot about MDS from your tutorial (and I thought I was pretty comfortable with MDS already). I loved that the tutorial gave step-by-step instructions that anyone new to MDS could follow. After making these cards, anyone would feel comfortable working in MDS.
So how to get the So Much to Sale-A-Brate Instruction Booklet? Here’s what to do:
- Place an order with Meg, either online or at a club or class for at least $50
- Select your FREE Sale-A-Bration gift (the So Much to Sale-A-Brate CD would be a good choice, since you’ll need it for the tutorials)
- Email Meg to request your Instruction Booklet
- Watch your email inbox for the 9 page pdf file with your directions
- Or, join my LovenStampfuls Demonstrator Team, and you’ll receive this tutorial plus 6 more Idea & Inspiration Sheets!