I designed this card based on projects that were shared at Convention this past summer.
My favorite embellishments on this card:
- the Woodgrain Embossing Folder
- Brushed Bronze Designer Buttons
- Champagne Glimmer Paper
- Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper
Here are the steps to making these fantastic leaves on your own:
- Cut out the maple leaf with the Autumn Accents Bigz Die and stamp the coordinating Wonderfall image. For best results, lay the stamp rubber side up and press die-cut leaf onto the stamp. (More Mustard ink here)
- Use a Sponge Dauber to color the edges of the leaf using the 2nd darkest ink color (Cajun Craze).
- Crumple the leaf and flatten it out, then press the darkest ink pad (Raspberry Ripple) directly onto the leaf to create the veining. Press lightly at first and add more color if desired.
At first I was surprised at the Raspberry Ripple color mixed for autumn — but it’s perfect! Go ahead and try it yourself, and be sure to let me know what you think!