Why, a Clean and Simple Sale-A-Bration card, of course! I created this card back before Christmas (because we get to pre-order new products as a demonstrator perk!) but I’m just getting around to sharing it. I’m on a Very Vanilla kick right now. I love the clean feel with just a little hint of color. Something about vanilla says elegant to me – in a flowery-hats-at-a-garden-party kind of way!
This card features a gorgeous stamp set – the What I Love set – which is available only through the end of March as a Sale-A-Bration selection. That’s right – you can get this set for free when you order $50 in product through my online store.
Three-Step Stamping Color Combinations
Want some suggestions for the three-step-color selection? I can help with that! Here are some of my favorites.
- Island Indigo – Lost Lagoon – Soft Sky (*that’s what I used on today’s card)
- Island Indigo – Bermuda Bay – Coastal Cabana
- Tangerine Tango – Calypso Coral – Crisp Cantaloupe
- Melon Mambo – Melon Mambo – Pink Pirouette
- Night of Navy – Marina Mist – Soft Sky
- Eggplant Envy – Eggplant Envy – Perfect Plum
- Real Red – Pumpkin Pie – Daffodil Delight
- Blackberry Bliss – Rich Razzleberry – Rich Razzleberry
New to three-step stamping? With the see-through photopolymer stamp sets, the technique is pretty simple.
- On the What I Love stamp set, I like to start by stamping the outline layer of the image first. Use the darkest ink color. Be sure to watch which side the stamp tab is on when you stamp your image (you’ll see the little extra tab on the side of the stamp when you get your set).
- Next ink and stamp the largest image. This will create the background color, so use your lightest ink shade. Again, watch the tab on the stamp for a clue on lining up the images. And don’t fret too much if they’re not perfect. This is art – not drafting 😉
- Finally, ink and stamp the smallest (detail) layer of the image with your medium color.
Depending on the particular set, I might stamp the images in a different order. Practice a few times on scratch paper to get the feel for each particular layer. Three-step stamping is a great way to add several color tones to a single image.
- Browse online and see the NEW products!
- Love one of the bundles? Get it free with Stampin’ Rewards (begins at $150 in product)
- Wish List long? Get a discount on your purchases – with a Demo Starter Kit BONUS during Sale-A-Bration!
Sign up today for your February Kit!
Includes the NEW Sunburst Sayings stamp set, 2 Classic Ink Pads, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
*BEST VALUE Option – Add the coordinating Sunburst Thinlits Die at a 30% discount!