My latest favorite from the Occasions Catalog? Definitely, it’s the Rose Wonder stamp set and the coordinating Rose Garden Thinlits Dies for the Big Shot. The perfect techniques for this product combo are endless! But since we have to start somewhere, today’s technique teaches how to use the die cut rose as a template for watercoloring with your Aqua Painters.
Watercoloring with Templates
- To create this rose, start by cutting a template with the Rose Wonder thinlits die. My favorite template material is the backing cardboard that comes with the Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper.
- Place the template over your watercolor paper (definitely use watercolor paper for this technique). Squeeze your closed ink pads just a tad in the middle so that the lid touches the ink. Then open the pads so the lid forms a paint palette.
- Dip an Aqua Painter tip into the Crushed Curry ink palette and gently start adding color through the rose template. Continue painting through the template, layering colors as you move towards the edges of the flower. Vary the shades by squeezing the Aqua Painter to increase or decrease the amount of water.
- When all the space is filled, lift the template. Especially on the leaves, I like to go back and smudge the empty spots in the pattern. Just draw the color into the spaces to connect the pattern.
Wondering how I made the envelope? Simple – just sponge through the template instead of watercoloring. Place the template over the envelope corner and use a Stamping Sponge wedge. My February Stamps in the Mail Club featured sponging techniques, so you can check out my video tutorials on sponging here. (February kits are still available – while supplies last!)
If you’re really excited for the Rose Garden stamps and thinlits – be sure to check out my projects for March Stamps in the Mail Club – debuting today! Get your kit ordered right away so you’ll have even more ideas for using this gorgeous set. You can even add your Rose Wonder Thinlits Dies to your kit at a discount. Be sure to click over to learn more about Stamps in the Mail Club.
- SHOP – every $50 earns a FREE stamp set!
- HOST – parties or orders over $250 earn a BONUS $25 in Stampin’ Rewards!
- JOIN – Wish List long? Get a discount on your purchases – AND a $30 Demo Starter Kit BONUS during Sale-A-Bration!
- Only available through March 31 – SHOP NOW!
Sign up today for your March Kit!
Includes the NEW Rose Wonder stamp set, Stampin’ Write Marker, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
*BEST VALUE Option – Add the coordinating Rose Wonder Thinlits Dies at a 30% discount!