Right? How fun is this card fold? I’ve seen these for years but hadn’t put one together until I created this version for my December Stamps in the Mail Club Kits (which you can still get – be sure to request yours while I still have a few!). Some people call it a Double Z Fold – but no matter what you call it, it’s impressive.
Turns out the zig-zag part is pretty easy. It just looks tricky! Here’s what you need to know:
Zig-Zag Pop-Up Fold Card
- Cut card stock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Cut card stock to 1 1/4″ x 11″. Score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Fold main card and add layers as desired. Lay card open and position with 2 3/4″ score line to the left. Lay 1 1/4″ strip flat also, but position with 2 3/4″ score line on the right. Adhere strip with adhesive *only* on the left and right ends.
That’s it! 1-2-3 and you have your own zig-zag pop-up card. The fun part is decorating the card so that the ‘pop up’ feature is used.
On this version, I’ve attached extra die cuts from the Umbrella Weather Thinlits Dies so that they show from the front as well as when the card is opened.
Ready to create your own zig-zag pop-up card? Get tips from my video tutorial, or request your Stamps in the Mail Club kit and make this card exactly as shown. All the die cuts are included, ready-to-stamp. You’ll also get the stamps and inks you need, plus a Blender Pen for simple watercoloring effects.
DECEMBER Year-End Closeout Sale!
Shop stamp sets at 25% off!
- Dec 1-31: Selected items up to 60% off!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (December: 4KWKS6Y4). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your December Kit!
Includes the clever Weather Together stamp set and inks, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Get the coordinating Umbrella Weather Framelit Dies at a discount!