Colors can feel tricky. I get it. Which ones go together? Which are a terrible combination? Here’s my fail-safe answer to choosing perfect color combinations: grab your nearest Designer Series Paper and use it to select your colors.
For these So Many Stars projects (part of my November Card Tutorials – free with any purchase in my online store), I selected the Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper and pulled Night of Navy and Very Vanilla, with Copper Foil accents – all from the examples given in the Designer Series Paper patterns.
This card design works well with a variety of Designer Series Papers – here’s my design adapted for the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper. Same principle though – pick your colors from the Designer Series Paper, which includes gold accents (so Gold Foil Sheets in place of the copper) and the Shaded Spruce card base inspiration.
But how to get pretty copper colors to show up on a dark Night of Navy card base? Actually, how to get much of anything to show up on such a dark surface? The answer to that question is heat embossing, which has three simple elements:
- Stamp with a tacky/sticky ink (Versamark is perfect)
- Add Embossing Powder and tap extra back into the jar
- Heat with an embossing Heat Tool (this is not at all like a hair dryer – it’s much much hotter)
- Want to see the heat embossing steps in action, plus some tips about color selection? The video tutorial will teach you how to heat emboss – and how to create a gorgeous Christmas card that will ‘wow’ your friends and family.
For more So Many Stars videos from LovenStamps, be sure to check my blog and follow LovenStamps on Facebook for notifications. I have 3 additional projects to share with you this month, all featuring the Stitched Stars Dies and coordinating stamp set.
Ready to stamp? Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order.
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online):
Shop the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog, online 24-7!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use November Hostess Code (BJFVW4F4). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Ideas & inspiration at your fingertips – any time you want!
- Qualify to get this tutorial bundle for FREE by ordering the Christmastime Is Here stamp set & coordinating dies.
- All projects feature the Christmastime Is Here stamp set and coordinating dies, plus products from the Christmastime Is Here Suite. Check the shopping list for the items you’ll need to complete projects in the tutorial!