Do you ever have a simple stamp that you’d like to use on a project without a lot of fussy layering? This Reverse Masking technique is straight out of my Stamping 101 toolbox (it’s a figurative toolbox). And it’s perfect for creating a focal point background for a variety of stamped images, like this pretty plumeria flower from the Timeless Tropical stamp set.
How Do I Stamp the Timeless Tropical Background?
The background is simple to create. Just start with a piece of scrap card stock, punch or die cut a large hole, then place it over your background and sponge through the opening.
After creating the focal point with the reverse mask, decorate your card as desired, or borrow my idea with the Braided Burlap Trim (about to retire – on June 2!!) from my May LovenStamps Card Tutorials PDF (free with any purchase in my online store during may).
Ready for a Reverse Masking Technique “How To” Video?
My Timeless Tropical video tutorial will take you step-by-step through the technique, plus I’ll share some extra tips for getting the embellishments to stay where you want them.
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. May Tutorials are available now!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online):
Shop the Stampin’ Up! Catalog, last chance products while supplies last!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use May Hostess Code (YFZFAXCV). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator
- Build your stamps and ink collection EVERY month! All supplies included – even the adhesive, for only $22 each month!
- Timely projects each month – create them as suggested or use the coordinating stamps, papers and embellishments to let your creativity shine!
- Order either Pre-Paid Paper Pumpkin codes (great for gifts!) or pay-as-you go with a credit or debit card Learn More