At this time of year, I love creating witchy treats! And while the kids are focused on running door to door and filling their bags with as much candy as possible, I love to share little surprises like this with friends who appreciate a crafted touch. The Spooky Fun Bundle (with the Spooky Fun stamp set and the Halloween Scene Edgelits) is my go-to for Halloween treats this year.
Paper straws are all the rage. You’ve seen them everywhere, right? And they’re just begging to be decorated! These black and white picks were from the $1 section at my local Target – and these days I can hardly pass a display of straws without wanting to decorate one.
Spooky Fun Paper Straw Witches
- Begin by cutting a large circle (mine is 2 1/2″) from Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper. I love that you can customize your circle size to fit your artwork by using ANY of the Layering Circle Framelit Dies.
- Next, use the 1/2″ Circle Punch to add a hole at the top and the bottom of the DSP circle. (Did I mention that many DSP patterns – Designer Series Paper – are on a Buy 3, Get 1 Free sale during October?)
- Follow by decorating between the holes with anything you want (I love the witch die cut from the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies). Make a banner greeting (so many good greetings in Spooky Fun!) and punch with the Classic Label Punch.
- Add an extra punch of bling with the Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper. This color of glimmer paper is limited time only – until the Holiday catalog ends at the end of December, so be sure to stock up while you can.
- Add a final embellishment with a Halloween Night Enamel Dot. These come in all of the color families, but this set coordinates specifically with the Halloween Night DSP.
You’re all set! Share your treat with a friend! I actually created these Spooky Fun witch straw toppers to share with my demonstrator friends at our demonstrator retreat last month. And I’m looking forward to gathering with demonstrators again tomorrow at our monthly local Stamp & Share event.
Are you in central Illinois? Interested in learning more about being a demonstrator? I’d love to answer your questions and introduce you to our fun community of crafters! Be sure to drop me a note so I can get more details to you.
But don’t worry if you’re not in central Illinois, because we have fun together from all across the country, too. No matter where you live in the US, I have fun and perks for you: online events, an exclusive LovenStampfuls Facebook community, resources for stamping and business ideas. Let me know what questions I can answer for you!
NOW AVAILABLE! Shop the HOLIDAY Catalog!
- Browse online and see the new products!
- Love one of the bundles? Get it free with Stampin’ Rewards (begins at $150 in product)
- Wish List long? Get a discount on your purchases!
When you order, use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (October: VTZD6RMT). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your October Kit!
Includes the NEW Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and inks, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Get the coordinating Cookie Cutter Builder Punch at a discount!