Today’s tricks (and treats) include secrets of die cutting – but only the partial cuts you want, plus the scoop on coloring for contour with Stampin Blends Markers. The Sweet Stockings Suite Collection (156273) has pet options for dog-lovers, cat-lovers and fans of small pets. Our menagerie has included gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, rats, rabbits, parakeets and degus, so I’m always excited to see a stamp set that goes beyond cat/dog.
See how the stocking has extra shape from the way the Stampin’ Blends Markers are used to color? This is a simple trick – just picture the stocking in three dimensions. Which part is highest up from the table? The center, right? And which parts are shadowed back behind? The sides. So leave the color lightest in the center and shade it darker towards the edges. Check out the video tutorial for a step-by-step walkthrough on creating this effect.
And are you loving the die cut Jolly Felt accents on this card? Sure, felt can come from anywhere, but the Jolly Felt (links below) is a perfect match for the pieces in the Sweet Stockings Suite Collection. In fact, I’ve got 3 reasons that ordering the Suite Collection is the best way for stampers to make the most of their craft budget.
Three Top Reasons – Why to Order in Stampin’ Up! Suite Collections:
- Color Matching: the accessories like the Jolly Felt will coordinate perfectly with the stamped images, markers and designer paper. No guessing to try to match a weird red or green — you know that they’ll be exactly Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive!
- Design Choices: the elements all coordinate. Perfectly. The fonts match the theme and style of the images. The accessory images (like the little gifts or candy canes) are sized for perfect mixing and matching with the main stocking elements. And the designer series paper even includes images that can be cut with the dies that match the stamped images!
- Discount & Quality: Purchasing stamps and dies together gives you a 10% discount! Adding the other items as part of the Suite Collection gives you convenience. And you absolutely can’t beat the quality of the Stampin’ Up! papers, dies and stamps. All stamps are not the same – did you know that the Stampin’ Up! photopolymer material is specially formulated for the best images??
In addition, here’s a quick pin-able image (add it to your Pinterest board) to remind you about how to die cut just the parts of the die you want. This trick works for so many different card designs, but here I’ve used it to get the best shape possible for the stocking – but to allow me to stamp our sweet hamster right on the same paper.
Love the look of this project idea? Be sure to check out this month’s Sweet Stockings stamp set tutorials and the supply list. The PDF Tutorial is my free gift to you for placing any size order with me in October. If your order is at least $50, then you’ll also receive LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” – two ready-to-stamp card kits mailed to your home for 2 of the monthly projects. Just add your stamps and ink, and I’ll supply the pre-cut papers and embellishments in the kit you receive in the mail.
Not planning to order right now? But still want the easy-print downloadable PDF tutorial for building your card idea library? Good news!! The LovenStamps Sweet Little Stockings PDF Tutorial (4 projects, including this one) is available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Tricks for Die Cutting Jolly Felt & Sweet Stockings – Step by Step Stampin’ Up! Tutorial Video:
Add items to your cart with October hostess code BEVDEREX for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Sweet Stockings Suite Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code BEVDEREX)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. October Sweet Stockings Tutorials are available through October 31.
Shop online – with up to 60% off on retired Stampin’ Up! products!
- Shop early for the best chance at papers, kits, and embellishments from retired catalogs
- Available While Supplies Last!
- When you order: use October Hostess Code (BEVDEREX). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
Get your Christmas Paper Pumpkin Kit – Order by November 10
We all love to see piles of presents on Christmas morning. Make that your reality with the Gifts Galore Paper Pumpkin Kit! With classic Christmas sentiments, bright and festive colors, a sweet snowman, a tree with all the trimmings, or a playful pile of presents, you’ll have everything you need to make eye-catching treat packages that are sure to spread Christmas cheer. Each Gifts Galore box contains enough supplies to create nine treat packages—three each of three designs—and nine food-safe bags that are adorably styled for easy Christmas gifting. There’s plenty of joy to share with Gifts Galore!