Today’s card lends color and light to Christmas, with the brightest Christmas to Remember greeting, featuring heat embossing ombre resist with the Bright Baubles stamp set from Stampin’ Up!. Whether you’re a ‘bright colors’ stamper already or you want to try something new, the combination of Mango Melody and Magenta Madness really shows off the pretty fine white lines on this Christmas card. I’ve got a few Friday video tips for you on the resist part that will make a huge difference in your stamping.
Top 3 Tips for Best Heat Embossing Results:
- Keep your fingers off the cardstock as much as possible before stamping. Your fingers can transfer oil to the paper surface, which attracts the fine embossing powder and can result in smudges on the final heat embossed image.
- Use the right heat tool. We’ve all heard stories from ‘back in the day’ about heat embossing over a toaster or a stove burner or (don’t do this!) a candle flame. But having the correct Heat Tool is absolutely going to make you love heat embossing even more – and your results will be so much more consistent.
- Be sure the powder is 100% melted. After you think you’re done, gently run your finger over the embossed image. If your finger sticks AT ALL, then you need to keep melting. The completely melted embossing powder is smooth and dry and shouldn’t grab as you run across the image.
The inside of the card features the Bright Baubles stamps, too – hard not to use these images on everything. The fine line detail is absolutely top notch quality (thank you Stampin’ Up!).
Seriously, this stamp set is gorgeous and I can’t wait to create some projects using the dies, too.
Today’s video includes tips for heat embossing, inking your Versamark pad (plan on it!) and creating the most beautiful burnished saturated colors with your Blending Brushes.
Ombre Heat Resist Technique – Step by Step Stampin’ Up! Tutorial Video:
Add items to your cart with October hostess code BEVDEREX for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Sweet Stockings Suite Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code BEVDEREX)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. October Sweet Stockings Tutorials are available through October 31.
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials to build your card idea library? Good news!! LovenStamps Archive Tutorials are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Shop online – with up to 60% off on retired Stampin’ Up! products!
- Shop early for the best chance at papers, kits, and embellishments from retired catalogs
- Available While Supplies Last!
- When you order: use October Hostess Code (BEVDEREX). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
Get your Christmas Paper Pumpkin Kit – Order by November 10
We all love to see piles of presents on Christmas morning. Make that your reality with the Gifts Galore Paper Pumpkin Kit! With classic Christmas sentiments, bright and festive colors, a sweet snowman, a tree with all the trimmings, or a playful pile of presents, you’ll have everything you need to make eye-catching treat packages that are sure to spread Christmas cheer. Each Gifts Galore box contains enough supplies to create nine treat packages—three each of three designs—and nine food-safe bags that are adorably styled for easy Christmas gifting. There’s plenty of joy to share with Gifts Galore!