Flip open the Sale-A-Bration Mini Catalog and the first stamp set to greet you is Hippest Hippos – a delightful collection of cuteness. So today’s episode of Maker Morning with Meg includes both cute stamping AND a cute visitor (or 3)!! I’ll give you my Stampin Blends Secret Steps – okay, they’re not secret. But when you use them, you’ll feel like you’ve unlocked the key to alcohol markers!
We are a month into the NEW Stampin’ Up! July-December 2022 Mini Catalog. And what’s better than new stamps? Why FREE stamps, of course! We are already in the last 25 days of Sale-A-Bration! For each $50 you order during August, you’ll get to pick a free item from the Sale-A-Bration Mini Catalog. Today’s project features my favorite Hippest Hippos stamp set with tips for Stampin’ Blends Markers and a lesson making coloring simple.
But first, let me share the special visitor(s) that we had on Maker Mornings with Meg today!
That’s right, KITTENS!! They’re not mine – I’m just keeping them safe for a night til they can enroll in the ‘kitten protection program’. But they have been awfully cute. For a full effect, be sure to watch the video and hear all the little kitten mews.
Back to stamping… ready for the tips on Stampin’ Blends Coloring?
Secret Steps for Crisp Color with Stampin Blends Markers:
- Add a light color base across your full image.
- Use the darker marker to add edging where a shadow will fall (details and tips on where that belongs are in the video tutorial).
- Use the light marker to add a line at the intersection between the light and dark space.
Voila! Shaded hippos ready for your projects!
Want to see it in action (plus kittens)? Be sure to watch the video tutorial.
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Hippest Hippo Stampin Blends Coloring Technique: Stampin’ Up! Video Tutorial
Add items to your cart with August hostess code ZKTKRJCQ for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Hippest Hippo Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code ZKTKRJCQ)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. August Ringed with Nature Tutorials are available through August 31.
Shop the NEW Sale-A-Bration and July-December Mini Stampin’ Up@ Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use August Hostess Code (ZKTKRJCQ). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family – and get the exclusive Making Plans Collection for free with your Starter Kit!
Paper Pumpkin August 2022: sign up by August 10