Witch way to the candy? If you’re up for a spooky card, the Frightfully Cute stamps and die bundle are the perfect always-in-style halloween tools. And if you love a special, don’t miss out on the Magic In This Night Designer Paper, available in the clearance rack in my online store. Today’s #DSPCardBase tutorial will give you the tricks (treats!) on how to extend a die cut shape that’s too short, plus making the most of your special Silver Foil Specialty Pack paper.
I do love a good DSP Card Base, and this retired (limited time on the Clearance Rack!) designer paper is so easy to use for custom colored choices. The black and white papers can be colored using Blending Brushes (I’ll show you how in the video tutorial below) for any matching color. I used Fresh Freesia for my cardstock accent colors and the stamped moon, but it was a little light for the blending trick, so I added Highland Heather to my supply list for this card.
Don’t wait too long to grab this paper – I’m not sure how much longer it will be available. And with the custom coloring, you can turn the grayscale pages into whatever color scheme you choose.
Today’s Halloween DSP Card Base cutting sizes:
- Basic Black Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic White Card Layer: 4 1/8′ x 5 3/8″
- Magic in this Night Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 11 1/2″, score at 5 1/4″ and 10 1/2″, fold the extra 1″ to the front
So many fun ideas for this set of supplies. While the spiderweb die is my favorite (did you see my Halloween Pinwheel Tower Card?), I ended up using it in the middle of the card. The front featured the tree and moon, plus an excellent ‘secret’ trick for extending the die cut label, which was really too small for my card layout. Can you guess what I did?
Want to see the these tips in person? The video has a step-by-step lesson on this card, including the tip for extending the die cut and for a custom cut version of the moon, if you watch to the end.
Frightfully Cute from Stampin’ Up!® – DSP Card Base Tutorial Video:
Add items to your cart with September hostess code JXXWGB4J for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Frightfully Cute Stampin’ Up! supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (September Hostess code JXXWGB4J)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. September Harvest Meadow Tutorials are available through September 30.
Shop online – it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year!
- Stamps, papers and embellishments from the NEW July – December 2021 Catalog
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration catalog selection for EVERY $50 you order
- When you order: use September Hostess Code (JXXWGB4J). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – plus an extra Sale-A-Bration free stamp set for orders or parties of at least $300)
- ENDS ON SEPTEMBER 30!!
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Order your supplies at a discount, participate in special demonstrator only opportunities like pre-orders and online events, gather with other demonstrators and trade ideas and inspiration!
- Special offers during Sale-A-Bration only: FREE stamp set and punch or die bundle of your choice! Learn more
- ENDS ON SEPTEMBER 30!!