The DO’s and DON’Ts of today’s video will teach you how to make your own Pinwheel Tower Card – watch to learn about the most common mistakes in this card design. I’ve got simple cutting directions, plus video tutorial about which parts can overlap the edges – and which have to stick to their own page.
This card does fold flat for a regular medium envelope – it’s like Halloween magic! Here are the pieces you’ll need (cutting sizes are listed below in this blog post).
Last week I shared a Pinwheel Tower Card using the Hope Box Paper Pumpkin kit, and I couldn’t get this card design out of my mind. So with today’s Cutest Halloween punch bundle from Stampin’ Up!®, I thought the Pinwheel Tower would be perfect for showing off the MANY sweet designs from the Cute Halloween Designer Paper. Add in Frightful Tags Dies and Black Glitter Sheets for some bling!
Each page features a different pattern from the Cute Halloween Designer Paper.
DO overlap on the ‘front’ and ‘back’ of the card so that your decorations stick out into the right margin (but only on pages 1 and 3).
DON’T overlap the right margin on pages 2 or 4 – or your card will no longer fit into an envelope. But you CAN overlap the left margin on these pages. Confused? I promise the video tutorial will make it clear. And you’ll save yourself the headache of taking your first card apart when it doesn’t match the envelope size – lol. DON’T ask me how I know! Ha!
Now that you’ve seen all the pages, do you have a favorite? Use the graphic below for a handy pin-able reminder on the directions and video tutorial for this fun fold Pinwheel Tower Card.
Cutting Directions for the Pinwheel Tower Card with Stampin’ Up!®‘s Cute Halloween Suite:
- Cut tower base to 4 1/4 x 4 1/4″ and score at 1, 2, 3 and 4″.
- Cut Basic Black panels (4 of them) to 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″.
- Cut Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper layers to 4″ x 2 1/2″.
Love the look of this card idea? A special thank you to Linda Yearsley for sharing the card that inspired me to try a Pinwheel Tower Card! And thank you to Linda Heller and Patty Bennett for inspiring Linda to inspire me – lol! Be sure to get the details in the video tutorial so that you won’t make those common mistakes on this card design. Or if you’re looking for more Fun Fold card designs, I’ve got lots to share!
Cute Halloween – Pinwheel Tower Card Tutorial Video with Tips:
Add items to your cart with August hostess code YQCC3HFZ for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Cutest Halloween Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code YQCC3HFZ)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. August Penguin Place Tutorials are available through August 31.
Shop online – it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year!
- First chance at stamps, papers and embellishments from the NEW July – December 2021 Catalog
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration catalog selection for EVERY $50 you order
- When you order: use August Hostess Code (YQCC3HFZ). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – plus an extra Sale-A-Bration free stamp set for orders or parties of at least $300)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Order your supplies at a discount, participate in special demonstrator only opportunities like pre-orders and online events, gather with other demonstrators and trade ideas and inspiration!
- Special offers during Sale-A-Bration only: FREE stamp set and punch or die bundle of your choice! Learn more