I know – it’s totally enabling. Promise me you won’t actually hoard your rubber scraps, and we’re all okay here.
Actually, now that I think of it, you should be just fine. When you mount your clear-mount stamps, just leave the rubber framework in the box and you’re all set! No mess. No fuss. Your storage is compact, and Hoarders won’t come to your doorstep.
Okay – so what to do with those rubber scraps? Here’s a SUPER fun reason to save them! It works for pretty much any stamp, but it works BEST for stamp sets that have a coordinating framelits collection so you can easily cut the window in the top layer that covers the “guts” of the shaker.
And what a coincidence… there are 5 stamp/framelit bundles on sale this month! They’re ALL perfect!!
And even better, if you want to make this project at home, you can! It’s one of my Stamps in the Mail Club projects during August, and all the pieces come directly to you in the mail, ready to stamp!
Upcycle Your Rubber Scraps: Shaker Box Tags
The process is pretty simple.
- Trim the rubber frame to fit behind your card stock pieces. Peel the thin rubber layer off one side of the ‘frame’.
- Add a thin layer of Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive (110755) and apply to the card stock, then remove the sticker from the back of the foam.
- Place the glittery goodies inside the box, add another layer of glue to the foam and add the “lid” (framelit die cut piece plus a window sheet or cello bag).
- Shake and enjoy your glittery cuteness!
Are you a visual learner? Guess what?! I can help you!! Here’s my simple Video Tutorial that will lead you through the process step by step. I LOVE step by step 🙂
Like I said above, this is one of the 4 projects from my August Stamps in the Mail Club Kit. So if you’d like to make this card at home (plus 3 other fun projects), then be sure to fill out the web form here. I’ll send you a PayPal invoice and your stamps, ink and projects kit will be on their way to your doorstep!
Did you want one more quick tip for using your Big Shot?
Shop online 24-7!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- Want a lot? Host a party! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
Supplies for 4 projects — ready to stamp, delivered to your front door.