One of the most popular questions I get is about how to design a card. On today’s video, I walked through my thought process, including selecting materials and how I change my plan as I go along. A handmade greeting is truly an evolution – from the initial vague idea to the final finished card. Be sure to watch today’s video for tips on how to develop your own card making process.
I started with the Dragonfly Garden stamp set and coordinating Dragonfly Punch, and my last few sheets of the Sale-A-Bration Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper. I can hardly believe that Sale-A-Bration is nearly over — only 5 days left!
The first color I picked was the Granny Apple Green, and I used the ombre paper on both my background and the stamped and punched dragonfly. But then I decided that Bermuda Bay would be a pretty color for this card, too.
What do you think? Do you have a preference?
Either way, the supplies and process are mostly the same. I thought about adding the Mossy Meadow Braided Linen Trim, but ended up leaving it out and just letting the sweet Ladybug Trinkets steal the show as embellishments.
Ready for the video tutorial? I’ll walk you through the steps on how I started with an idea and modified it along the way to create this pair of cards with the Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper (only 5 days left to get it for free!).
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. February Tutorials are available through February 28!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online or use 1-click add-to-cart https://s.tamp.in/5uC9Rp):
Shop the January-June and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use February Hostess Code (RHYS3AXU). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Paper Pumpkin March 2020: Here’s to You!
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 8 cards—4 each of 2 designs—and coordinating envelopes. The kit’s contents include printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, an exclusive stamp set and more!
- Available with a Paper Pumpkin subscription by March 10.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!