Sometimes a card goes from complicated to easy peasy with a simple tip. That’s what I love about Double Z Fold Cards – it looks like the layers are hard to line up and tricky to coordinate, but the two tricks I’ll share today will make this fun fold card layout a favorite for your stamping toolbox. Featuring the Waves of the Ocean Suite (stamps, dies and designer series paper), you’ll want to file this idea away for your future projects.
Don’t forget your Blue Foil Sheets (also from this collection) and coordinating Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels to make the most of all your supplies. And with pretty little dies like these, the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is an ideal crafting companion.
Are you also a fan of cards with a little ‘extra’ surprise? My blog includes a ton of sample ideas for fun folds and cards that move. I work to create tutorials that make these cards simple to create, without complex or weird cutting sizes.
How to Make a Double Z Fold Card
- Cut cardstock to 4 ¼” x 8 ½” for card base and 1” x 8 ½” for Z fold piece.
- Score both pieces at 2 1/8” and 4 ¼” and fold in Z shapes.
- Cut Designer Series Paper layers and white cardstock layer to 2” x 4”. Adhere background layers.
- Adhere the Z fold piece so that the ‘z’ is on the right side of the card instead of the left. If you use the trick in my video, you’ll start with both folds matching, then do a pancake flip on the strip to put it in the right orientation. (I promise – it makes sense in the video!)
- Decorate as desired!
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Double Z Fun Fold Card with Waves of the Ocean DSP – Stampin’ Up! Video Tutorial
Add items to your cart with March hostess code GUGBHBRJ for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Waves of the Ocean Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code GUGBHBRJ)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Abstract Beauty Tutorials are available through March 31.
Shop the January – June 2022 Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (GUGBHBRJ). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Savings are in Bloom! 20% off the Mini Stampin’ Cut Machine
- This mini—but mighty—machine is durable, portable, and easy to use. It’s the perfect pick for budding beginners who want to branch out, papercrafting pros who want to craft on the go, or those who are short on storage space! With this trusty tool, any crafter can make precise cuts and embossed designs for their projects with one pass. During the month of March, you can snag the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine at a 20% discount! Build your craft collection and combine the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with any (or all!) of the select stamp-and-die bundles that are also available for 20% off during the month of March!
- Shop the selection of stamp/die bundles on sale at 20% off
Waves of the Ocean Limited Release Product Suite
- Explore artistic expression with this exclusive, early-release collection!
AVAILABLE FROM 1 MARCH TO 2 MAY
- Discover the depths of the ocean—and your artistic abilities—with the Waves of the Ocean Collection. With blue hues, sparkles and swirls, and paper with imagery of hand-poured paint, you’ll be swimming in a sea of inspiration! Craft with this coastal collection for projects that’ll make a splash.
- Shop the NEW limited-time Waves of the Ocean Suite
Paper Pumpkin March 2022: BONUS Free Stamp Set This Month!! (sign up by March 10)
- All the supplies you need to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes.
- An all-occasion stamp set to express gratitude, greetings, and gorgeous little designs.
- A FREE stamp set to celebrate how grateful we are to have YOU as a subscriber. (That’s TWO stamp sets in one kit!)
- Paper pieces and embellishments that coordinate perfectly with the New Horizons Suite Collection in our January–June 2022 Mini Catalog.
- Elegant watercolor designs curated by our in-house artists to take your crafting to the next level. And save you so much time!
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!