Who will you give a basket to on May 1? Were May Baskets a tradition in your family? Happy “Make your own May Basket” Friday! In today’s episode 132, I’ll share tips and tricks for making these sweet DIY paper cone bouquets.
On May 1 the tradition is to share a cone of flowers with a friend or neighbor – so this year I’m making DIY flower cones with the Flowers for Every Season designer paper (retiring – and on discount) and the perfect stamp set: To A Wild Rose.
Pretty, right?? The retiring To A Wild Rose stamp set is perfect for these treats. And with only a few days more (it retires on May 3!!) you’ll want to be sure to add it to your collection. Plus the dies are a HUGE discount right now — $8 instead of $34, so you won’t want to miss out, especially if you’re a stamper on a budget.
Miss May Day already? Not a problem – these paper flower cones make excellent treats for many occasions, and your flowers will never wilt. Try making shower favors, gifts for teachers (especially as we approach the end of school), or even use them as extra special party invitations! And of course, you can always add chocolate…which I fortunately remembered to do right at the end of my video tutorial.
Learn the tips and tricks for keeping your wired flower stems pointed the right direction, plus help on making the cone (6×6″ paper is perfect) and decorating.
How to Make Your Own May Baskets – Video Tutorial:
Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code MPZ3NUG6)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. April Garden Wishes Tutorials are available through April 30.
Shop the January-June and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use April Hostess Code (MPZ3NUG6). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Paper Pumpkin May 2021: Batter Up!
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 9 cards and coordinating envelopes. The kit’s contents include printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, an exclusive stamp set and more!
- Available with a Paper Pumpkin subscription by May 10.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!