Get your Wish List ready, because today’s project showcases the upcoming Butterfly Bouquet Suite — a sneak peek from the new catalog! This whole month I’ll focus on the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set plus Brilliant Wings Dies and Butterfly Bijou DSP (available for order beginning Tuesday, March 2).
And in addition to the 4 projects that I’ll share with video tutorials here on my blog, if you order with me during March you’ll receive my bonus PDF with 12 additional project ideas.
Today’s Faux #DSPCardBase project makes the most of the new Butterfly Bijou 6×6 Designer Series Paper, even though it’s not really large enough to create our usual DSP Card Base layout. Here’s the inside – see how I cheated the inner layer?
Make Your Own Faux #DSPCardBase with 6×6 Paper:
- Cut DSP to 4″ x 6″. Score at 5 1/4″.
- Adhere 3/4″ flap to 1/4 sheet card base (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), centering on panel.
- Stamp and adhere Basic White layer inside (4″ x 5 1/4″)
The video includes a variety of tips for design and some ideas to get around the ‘quirks’ of a card based with the lighter DSP, and a lesson on heat embossing. If it’s been awhile since you’ve had your Heat Tool out or you’re new to heat embossing, then you’ll appreciate the refresher lesson on using Versamark Ink and Embossing Powder to create the crisp raised message in white on the black cardstock.
There are so many clever ways to add little touches to this butterfly card. Today’s video included tips on Paper Quilling, too. Something about the curls of paper make me feel like the butterfly is free and flying – a perfect accent for this pretty Butterfly Brilliance card layout.
Ready to see the video tutorial?
Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Supplies for this project can be found with Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link https://s.tamp.in/Q8FUnD or by clicking below.
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Butterfly Brilliance Tutorials are available through March 31.
Shop the January-June and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (PKXR6392). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Paper Pumpkin March 2020: Here’s to You!
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 8 cards—4 each of 2 designs—and coordinating envelopes. The kit’s contents include printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, an exclusive stamp set and more!
- Available with a Paper Pumpkin subscription by March 10.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!