Do you walk past the stacks and stacks of spiral notebooks in the big box stores at this time of year and think, “Wish I had a project for those $0.17 notebooks!” Guess what? Here’s the project! It’s your license to stock up!
This is a super-simple DIY craft project that takes hardly any time at all. This was a sample notebook that I did with the kids this summer at Summer Scrap Camp, using the Truly Grateful stamp set (131733).
Easy DIY Recycled Notebook Craft
- Cut card stock to cover the front of your notebook
- Dab coordinating acrylic paint on the parts of the notebook that will show beyond your card stock. Or just select a notebook that matches your project colors.
- Select scrapbook paper scraps to set your color palette. Use rubber stamps and coordinating colors of ink to stamp the background paper.
- Cut scrapbook paper strips into banner pieces and adhere to card stock.
- Accent with more stamped elements in coordinating colors and adhere to your notebook.
Like I said, it’s a super-simple project that you can complete in about 20-30 minutes. These make great gift idea, too, for teachers or just about anyone.
They’re wonderful as Thankful Journals, or elementary school art projects. When my daughter was in 1st grade, I helped her class make writing journals.
I have loads of DIY notebook craft ideas on my blog, if you’re looking for more inspiration.