Stampin’ Blends Markers provide beautiful saturated colors – but did you know that they’re good for more than just coloring images? Today’s card features three different ways to put Stampin’ Blends to good use with the Enjoy the Journey Suite and Enjoy the Adventure Cards & Envelopes.
Starting with the basics, Stampin’ Blends are alcohol markers. That means that you’ll want to stamp with a water-based black ink such as the Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad. It’s my favorite all-purpose black pad, with a true black color and a really clean, crisp image on Basic White cardstock. Stamp in Memento Black, then use the markers to color in the images.
Coloring in images like the tiny flowers from the Greatest Journey stamp set doesn’t take too much in the way of shading, but consider coloring with the light marker only, then using the dark marker to go back and add some shadow along leaf veins and where petals and leaves overlap.
Next way to use the Blends? Highlight words! Back in episode 335 of Maker Mornings with Meg I shared a card with the Covered in Sunshine stamp set, featuring Stampin’ Blends to bring out the sentiment of a word-y greeting. Today’s card pulls the ‘start’ and ‘great’ out of the greeting from Enjoy the Journey.
Finally, Stampin’ Blends can be used to create custom embellishments. If you have a Stampin’ Blends Marker in the color (or close to the color) that you want, then you can make your gems, rhinestones or Enamel Sticker Icons match! A couple of quick tips – color when the embellishment is still on the backing plastic, so that color stays on the item and doesn’t bleed onto your project. Another tip is to layer color (color once, let dry, color again) to deepen the tones.
Plus today’s card uses the 2″ Circle Punch, hot off the ‘online exclusives’ list! These products aren’t in any catalog and are available as long as they’re in stock – be sure to check for new stamps, dies, papers and CIRCLE PUNCHES!! Hooray!!
And finally, the Enjoy the Adventure Memories and More Cards and Envelopes are a perfect match for the Enjoy the Journey Suite. They’re not included with the Enjoy the Journey Suite Collection (160599) so you’ll want to add them to your order (160840).
In March I’ll be featuring COLOR and the fabulous Enjoy the Journey Suite for LovenStamps Monthly Tutorials. Each month I carefully select a group of coordinating supplies – stamps, ink, papers and embellishments – then design 4 fabulous projects using only those products. You’ll love crafting these 4 projects at home! You can follow along with the monthly LovenStamps Project Tutorial videos, or you can follow the directions in my printable PDF tutorials – a new tutorial set is available for free each month when you order any amount of products in my online Stampin Up store. (Or you can purchase the PDF tutorials in my LovenStamps Etsy shop.)
Plus if your stamping order is at least $50, then you’ll also receive LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” – two ready-to-stamp card kits mailed to your home for 2 of the monthly projects. Just add your stamps and ink, and I’ll supply the pre-cut papers.
Looking for printable tutorials for Stampin’ Up! cards and treat projects? Be sure to check out the PDF tutorials in my LovenStamps Etsy shop.
Enjoy the Journey Stampin’ Blends – Stampin’ Up! Tutorial
Add items to your cart with February hostess code A47BJHH9 for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Enjoy the Journey Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Host code J2F6HDRM)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Enjoy the Journey Suite Tutorials are available through March 30.
- NEW stamp, papers and more!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (J2F6HDRM). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family – and get a terrific discount on your Starter Kit, plus the orders you place as a demonstrator! AND early access to new products like new colors, stamps and accessories!
Paper Pumpkin March 2023: sign up by March 10 – CELEBRATING 10 YEARS!!
- This month’s kit is all about happy greetings, organic and botanical designs digitally painted by our in-house artists, along with all-occasion sentiments to celebrate the happy moments in life and recognize the people around you who help you grow!
- And as part of our anniversary celebration, the March Paper Pumpkin Kit includes a FREE GIFT featuring a plant and pot builder to make all your projects plant-astic!
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more