One of the very first techniques I learned as a stamper was how to mask off my images. If you remember the REALLY old stamp set, Button Bear, then picture the little teddy in the wagon – made possible by masking. If you don’t remember Button Bear, then never fear…he’s long in the past, and this updated sunset (sunrise?) card is a perfect way to put the Masking Technique into action.
The Masking Technique steps are simple:
- Create a mask by stamping on a post it note and cutting it out (or die cut your shape).
- Place the mask on top of your stamped image (mountains) and stamp the overlapping image (sun).
- Remove mask to reveal layering.
The Mountain Air stamp set is perfectly designed though, so the mountain and tree layers don’t actually need to be masked to fit together well. With the reversible stamps (check my video tutorial below if you aren’t familiar with reversibles yet!), the scenery layers perfectly.
Ready to see the steps in action?
Ready to stamp? Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Tutorials are available now!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online):
Shop online – it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year!
- Perfect seasonal Stamps, papers and embellishments from the January/June 2020 Catalog
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration catalog selection for EVERY $50 you order
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (4FHRUJAP). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Last chance at the special offers during Sale-A-Bration only: FREE mini paper cutter, 6×6″ Designer Series Paper sampler and a FREE stamp set of your choice! Only until March 31! Learn more