I’m a huge tie dye fan (I even had a tie dye clothing shop for awhile) so this technique makes me extra happy. Blending Brushes allow for a spectrum of colors to come together, like on this card featuring the Butterfly Brilliance stamps and Butterfly Bijou DSP, and of course the coordinating Brilliant Wings Dies.
This card is one of the 4 that I created for LovenStamps Monthly Tutorials in March. Want to get the PDF tutorials for all 4 projects? Simple – just place any size order in my online store during the month of March and watch for your tutorials to arrive in your email inbox. Would you rather get all the card pieces (including the sold out DSP) to make two butterfly cards? Then you’ll want to order at least $50 in order to earn my customer thank you Card Kits “To Go” for March.
Note that the butterfly paper has sold out (while supplies last goes quickly sometimes!) but fortunately all my projects are still possible using the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set. In place of the printed paper, you’ll want to stamp your own butterflies. You’re going to love the way these pretty images turn out.
The background paper on this card can be recreated with the Blending Brushes – just use the direct-to-stamp technique as a direct-to-paper technique! Add some burnished backgrounds with the Rococo Rose and Mint Macaron inks.
Can’t find the Blending Brushes in my online store? Don’t worry – they’ll be back soon, likely around the first week of April. Shipping times and customs have been slammed pretty hard for all industries this spring, and Stampin’ Up! is no exception. But the good news is that these fabulous high-quality (the best!!) brushes WILL be back. Just keep them on your Wish List and add them to your next order after they’re back in stock.
Be sure to check out all the Butterfly Brilliance tutorials here on my blog.
Ready to see the video tutorial? For a fun bonus, I’ll talk about how to get over the ‘creative hump’ between coming up with ideas and actually making a project.
Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link https://s.tamp.in/Q8FUnD or click below.
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Butterfly Brilliance Tutorials are available through March 31.
Shop the January-June and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (PKXR6392). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Paper Pumpkin April 2021: So Cool
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 12 cards and coordinating envelopes. The kit’s contents include printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, an exclusive stamp set and more!
- Available with a Paper Pumpkin subscription by April 10.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!