Earlier in December I was invited to teach a journal-making class for elementary school students at The Urbana Free Library in Urbana, Illinois. Of course since my pre-order of goodies for the Spring Catalog had just arrived, I had to pull out some new goodies to use on my notebook.
Some of my favorite Sneak Peek items — the Tea Lace Paper Doilies, the Artisan Embellishments Kit (with buttons, lace, ribbon, printed pieces, etc.) and the Hearts A Flutter stamp set. Remember, you can start ordering these items on January 3rd!
To turn this plain composition notebook into a journal, here’s what I did:
- Brush Mod Podge on the back of lightweight kraft paper (I used the packing paper from Stampin’ Up! orders — it’s free!)
- Adhere paper to journal and fold or trim the edges
- Begin the collage project – acrylic paint with foam brushes for background smudges or to cover chipboard
- Apply acrylic paint to stamps with a light touch using a foam brush, being sure to wash stamps right away (the Stampin’ Scrub – see it online – works great here)
- Add buttons and dimensional elements securely with Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive – aka Green Lid Glue – (see it online)
Here are a few more of the photos from this fun library event:
Stamps: Hearts A Flutter; Paper: Tea Lace Paper Doilies, More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper; Accessories: Petite Pennant Builder Punch, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Baker’s Twine, Artisan Embellishments Kit, Acrylic Paint