Whaaa?? Bleach and stamps? Really Meg? It seemed a little crazy to splatter bleach, and then using bleach to remove color from cardstock for watercoloring was pretty cool, but actually using bleach as the ink on a stamp? For real?
For real. I absolutely adore this technique. The colors are so striking, especially when paired with the Gilded Autumn Suite Collection that I’m featuring this month along with Celebrate Sunflowers for my August LovenStamps Monthly Tutorials (and Card Kits “To Go”!).
Not only will I teach you how to stamp with bleach in this tutorial, but I’ll also share the cutting and scoring sizes for this sweet 9-Square Quilted Trifold Card. See how the panels open?
And then one more – with another sunflower inside (love that Celebrate Sunflowers set!).
Ready to stamp with bleach? I do have a couple of basic warnings for stamping with bleach – shared the other day on my post. But those out of the way, you’re going to love the way the color develops on this fun bleach technique.
Once you’ve made your bleach ink pad (clear stamp case and a folded paper towel), you’ll be ready to stamp. Remember to wash your rubber stamps RIGHT away when you’re done with the bleach. Bleach is not very friendly to most materials. And don’t plan to keep your temporary bleach ‘ink pad’ for very long. I make a new one each day that I plan to stamp with bleach.
Alternatively, you can use the ‘brush on the bleach’ technique with your Water Painters (so useful!). Instead of making a bleach ‘ink pad’, create a small pool of bleach, as I’ve shown here with the Bleach Gel Pen. Pick up a small amount of bleach gel and brush it onto your stamp, being careful not to flood the cracks.
It may help to stamp 3-4 times before reinking your stamp with bleach. Pick the images that best fit your project. You can either leave the bleach images ‘as is’ or you can wait for the bleach to dry completely and then stamp over the bleached image with the same image in Classic Ink (like in the focal point layered sunflower on my card front).
Ready to see how this works? The video tutorial will walk you through both the 9-Square Quilted Trifold Card layout and the tips and tricks for using bleach in place of ink.
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. August Tutorials are available through August 31!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online – or use my 1-click Add-to-Cart ordering):
Shop the Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use August Hostess Code (7M9NA9KE). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog:
Now open for ordering!
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Time for the “August – December 2020 Mini Catalog,” aka the Holiday Catalog.
- Check out suites and supplies for your projects.
- Be sure to request a copy of the paper catalog if you haven’t received one already.
- Shop the Holiday Catalog now in my online store.