I think if I was caught on a deserted island and could only have one stamp set, Celebrate Sunflowers is the one that I’d choose. There are SO many possibilities! Watercolor, collage stamping, stamping with bleach…and that doesn’t even count the possibilities with the coordinating Sunflower Dies.
(Although if I were caught on a deserted island, I’m pretty sure I’d be gathering coconuts and building some Gilligan-style shelter out of palm fronds rather than making cards.)
This Extended Z Fold Card is a fun way to really feature the main sunflower.
With the Extended Z Fold, the card base still starts with a 4″ x 11″ piece of cardstock (cut to 4″ instead of 4 1/4″ to make the most efficient use of the Gilded Autumn DSP).
Score the Crumb Cake card base at 1 1/4″ and 5 1/2″. You’ll be making a tab that creates the front of the card along with a 4″ x 4″ piece of Gilded Autumn DSP.
This would be a terrific card for a group of people to sign – lots of room for signatures. And I also love the fold because the ‘front’ of the card is still visible when the card is open.
Plus yikes – that sunflower!! Gorgeous color, isn’t it? And Gilded Autumn definitely brings out the best.
There are so many tips to share on using the new Water Painters – be sure to watch the video tutorial to pick up ideas on making the most of your watercolor.
EDITED TO ADD 9/27/21: Love this project? Want to see other Celebrate Sunflowers projects – and get a downloadable PDF tutorial that will also teach you about stamping with bleach? Good news!! The LovenStamps Celebrate Sunflowers PDF Tutorial (4 projects from August 2020) is available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy!
Even more good news? Yes! From now until the end of October 2021, I’m offering a special coupon – get as many of my currently posted LovenStamps Archives tutorials as you’d like for 30% off! Visit my store at Etsy and use special code LOVENOCT30.
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. August Tutorials are available through August 31!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online – or use my 1-click Add-to-Cart ordering):
Shop the Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use August Hostess Code (7M9NA9KE). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog:
Now open for ordering!
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Time for the “August – December 2020 Mini Catalog,” aka the Holiday Catalog.
- Check out suites and supplies for your projects.
- Be sure to request a copy of the paper catalog if you haven’t received one already.
- Shop the Holiday Catalog now in my online store.