Lurking inside this card is a secret… a special slot fold that creates a pocket for a gift card! This technique is actually really simple. You just need to score your cardstock, punch on the center score line, then fold the front and back so that the ‘pocket’ stays in the middle.
Fun, right? Plus the candy theme with the Sweetest Thing stamp set and the matching How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper – everything is fun with candy. And candy colors.
How to Make a Gift Card Punch Pocket:
- Cut card base, then score at the center.
- Score again at the same distance from the center line, to both the left and right of center. (I used 3/4″ for this Stamps in the Mail Club card.)
- Punch on the folded center score line.
- Apply strong adhesive such as Tear N Tape to the sides of the hole between the score lines.
- Fold in zig-zag pattern so that card holder pocket is inside the card.
Here’s a little visual help:
Plus the front is stinkin cute. I love these candy jars and how simple it is to cut them out of the paper with the coordinating Jar of Sweets Framelits Dies!
Not hard at all, but see the video for the step-by-step walkthrough on how to make this simple gift card holder design. Plus there are two little hiccups with my adhesive…one that I caught and one where I had to add editorial commentary via pop-up text – ha!
Don’t forget that kits for this project (plus 3 others with the Sweetest Thing stamp set) are available as part of my January Stamps in the Mail Club kits – request your kit online and get all the pieces, ready to create!
Ready to stamp? Be sure to request your Stamps in the Mail Club kit. Is the Sweetest Thing stamp set already in your collection? No problem – just request your kit and select different Stampin’ Up! product to include with your project kit.
Products You’ll Need to Stamp at Home (click images to shop online):
Sale-A-Bration is HERE!
Shop online – it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year!
- First chance at stamps, papers and embellishments from the NEW Occasions Catalog
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration catalog selection for EVERY $50 you order
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (January: QFU94UK6). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your JANUARY Kit!
Includes the Sweetest Thing stamp set, Sweet Tags & Pins and two Stampin’ Spots plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Add the Jar of Sweets Framelits Dies to your kit at a discount!