The Poinsettia Petals stamp set is absolutely gorgeous – and so many possibilities! This Z fold card design is perfect because the pretty card front shows not only when the card is closed, but also when it’s open.
To make a Z fold card is simple:
- Cut card base to regular size (5 1/5″ x 8 1/2″)
- Score in half at 4 1/4″ as usual. Score again at 2 1/8″ (halfway across the card front).
- Fold in Z shape and decorate as desired. The front panel on this card is 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ – be sure to use adhesive only on the half that contacts the folded card front!
What to do when your greeting is too small for your large Rectangle die? Trim it down! The Rectangle Dies have fabulous stitching along the edges – so you’ll want to use the die twice on the strip to keep the stitching marks along the new smaller edge. Just run the die back through the machine, slightly over to the side.
Are you loving the felt embellishments on this card? Me, too!! I’ve fallen in love with the Felt Sheets (still available in the Year End Closeout Sale!). My favorite way to attach them is with the Adhesive Sheets.
The short tip is to apply the adhesive sheet to the back of the felt, then use the die to cut your shape. I like to cut from the back side in this case, so you’re sure the die will cleanly cut through both the adhesive sheet and the felt. I need to run mine back and forth a few times to be sure it’s cut cleanly.
If you’d like a video lesson on Adhesive Sheets, I actually used them on another project recently, as part of Episode 48 of my Holiday Helper video series.
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. December Tutorials are available through December 31!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online – or use 1-click ordering):
Shop the Holiday and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use December Hostess Code (ZR7EGGFE). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Paper Pumpkin January 2020: Beary Comforting
- Available with a Paper Pumpkin subscription by January 10.
- Includes stamps, ink, embellishments and paper to create 8 cards and envelopes.
- Want to make Valentine BOXES, too? There’s a SPECIAL for January – get the Sending Hearts Add-On Kit!
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!