The new Pansy Petals Suite Collection and Pansy Patch stamp set will help you create endless bouquets of these pretty spring flowers – both stamped and die cut. Today’s pansy tutorial will take the ‘scare’ out of these dies. The process of cutting and assembling is simple when you know the tricks.
Here’s a special layout for you that shows which pieces go on which color – not much to it, once you see how they go together. If your learning style is watching and listening, be sure to bookmark the Pansy Petals Piecing video tutorial so you will be able to watch as many times as you like.
Color recommendation for this pansy? Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen for the leaves, Basic White for the beard base, Fresh Freesia for the petals and beard overlay, Blackberry Bliss for the petal highlights and center beard and Pale Papaya for the center dot.
Plus I’ve got a special tip for the Tailor Made Dies – you’ll learn how to die cut a custom tag size, when the exact size you want isn’t actually in the die set!
See how the die is a different size from the tag? No problem – there’s a simple trick for cutting down the tag and still having the pretty stitch line show on your finished label.
How to Cut a Custom Tag Die Cut:
- Stamp greeting on Basic White cardstock and die cut with smaller Tailor Made Die.
- To create full stitched border, place the same die cut back in the die facing the other direction (rotate 180 degrees).
- Match stitch line and cut again to add stitching to other end of tag at desired length.
Pansy Petals Paper Piecing Card Idea – Video Tutorial:
Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code QU9ABKVP) or click the photos below:
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. May Pansy Petals Tutorials are available through May 31.
Shop the NEW Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog, new suites and collections!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use May Hostess Code (QU9ABKVP). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family AND get a bonus $30 in your Starter Kit, for a total of $155 in products of your choice for only $99 (and the shipping is free!) — available May 4 – May 31 only.
Join my Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Family!
- When you join the LovenStampfuls community as a demonstrator during May 2021, you’ll get a BONUS $30 in product of your choice with the Starter Kit!
- Select $155 in product of your choice (normally $125) and pay $99 – plus shipping is free.
If you have a long Wish List in the current catalogs, the Demonstrator Starter Kit option is absolutely the best offer.
The choice to purchase for yourself at a discount or to share Stampin’ Up! with others is your own. There’s no risk or obligation and no requirement to have parties, classes, or even place another order.
- Learn more about the perks of getting it all!