But not all together, please. Well, maybe coffee and chocolate, or chocolate and cocktails, but let’s skip putting the coffee and cocktails together, shall we? The new Nothing’s Better Than stamp set and the coordinating Love You More Than dies are the perfect bundle for fun cards that put a smile on your face both when you make them and when your recipient tells you how much they loved your card!
Even more fun with this set is the Double Z Fold card design, which I’m also featuring during July for one of my Playful Pets Suite Collection project tutorials. (Learn more about monthly LovenStamps Card Tutorials.)
The Love You More Than die set includes the words cocktails, chocolate, coffee and a few more, so you can have your pick of what you’d like to use on your card. But no matter which of those words, I loved my idea to back-mount highlight the word with the Bumblebee cardstock. See? The Double Z Fold Card is ideal for this little accent.
I don’t know about you, but these 70’s-inspired colors make me smile. As demonstrators we get inspiration from all over the world, and the other day I saw a card created by UK demonstrator Mikaela Titheridge and it made me want to pull out my own 70’s cardstock. (Thinking about becoming a demonstrator? Check out some of the demonstrator perks!)
The colors I used are Early Espresso, Magenta Madness (new with the 2020-2022 In Color Collection), Bumblebee (another new 2020-2022 In Color) and Pumpkin Pie. And for the coloring on the cocktail glass, you can either stamp the drink, umbrella and fruit slice, or you can use the Stampin’ Blends for all or some of those elements – like I did here by coloring the umbrella and orange slice with Stampin’ Blends in Magenta Madness and Pumpkin Pie.
Don’t you just love coordinating color elements? Colors that match perfectly are probably at the top of my “favorite Stampin’ Up! things” list!
Are you also a fan of cards with a little ‘extra’ surprise? My blog includes a ton of sample ideas for fun folds and cards that move. I swear that you don’t need a PhD or an engineering degree to make these. I strive to create tutorials that make these cards simple to create, without complex or weird cutting sizes.
How to Make a Double Z Fold Card
- Cut cardstock to 4 ¼” x 8 ½” for card base and 1 ½” x 8 ½” for Z fold piece.
- Score both pieces at 2 1/8” and 4 ¼” and fold in Z shapes.
- Cut background layers to 2” x 4” and stamp. Adhere background layers. Hint: I put the two Pumpkin Pie pieces together and stamped them at once so that my images lined up together.
- Adhere the Z fold piece so that the ‘z’ is on the right side of the card instead of the let (see picture).
- Decorate as desired.
If you’d like to see a video tutorial on how to make a Double Z Fold Card, I’ve got one on my blog with the Dashing Deer set from 2 winters ago. Or be sure to come see me here again in July for my Playful Pets Double Z Fold Card Tutorial!
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. July Tutorials are available now!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online):
Shop the NEW Stampin’ Up! Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use July Hostess Code (G3T2MM2M). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator
- Build your stamps and ink collection EVERY month! All supplies included – even the adhesive, for only $22 each month!
- Timely projects each month – create them as suggested or use the coordinating stamps, papers and embellishments to let your creativity shine!
- Order either Pre-Paid Paper Pumpkin codes (great for gifts!) or pay-as-you go with a credit or debit card Learn More
- Plus with your July kit – you can order an extra 24 cards and envelopes to complement your kit, featuring the Summer Nights elements (154973), available while supplies last on a regular order in my online store.