Must be a trend this week – Paisleys & Posies cards with at least 3 different uses of the hot copper embellishments! On this window card, there’s copper foil paper in the window, copper foil paper strip on the side and copper thread as part of the ribbon embellishment.
Tips for Making Your Own Paisleys & Posies Background Paper (or any stamp set!)
- Start with the biggest images in the set and stamp a few in sets of three. Visualize a triangle, and put one image at each corner. Lots of space to fill? Pick two of those images as two corners of a new triangle and add another image as the new corner.
- Add the next largest image – be sure to rotate the stamp so it’s not facing the same direction every time.
- Continue adding images (largest to smallest) until space is filled.
- Allow some of the images to spill off the edges of the paper, so the background looks like it was cut from a larger sheet.
- When you think the page needs just one more stamped image, STOP. Don’t add that last image. Usually that’s the one that makes you decide you added too much 🙂
Be sure to watch the video for the tips on the ribbon embellishment. The little embellishment on the left corner of the Paisleys & Posies card for Stamps in the Mail Club September includes a ribbon ‘rose’ built on a card stock circle. I’ll teach you how to build the grosgrain ribbon into a pretty accent.
Then you’ll tie the accent to the rest of the card by including a copper element – this is a tip for using the Copper Metallic Thread that you may not have seen yet! I’ll show you how to turn the single thread into a fringed embellishment that you’ll want to use all the time.
Make This Paisleys & Petals Card At Home
Do you have your September Stamps in the Mail Club kit yet? Good news for you if you haven’t requested one yet! I do have a couple of kits here, and I’d love to put one in the mail to you. If you already own the stamp set, that’s PERFECT! You can pick something else from your Stampin’ Up! Wish List to get with your Mail Club kit. Just let me know what you’d like instead when you fill out the request form.
If you haven’t seen the other projects for this month, you can check the Paisleys & Posies projects out on my blog. The Paisley Treat Box is a Stamps in the Mail Club exclusive – get your kit requested and make your own box!
NOW AVAILABLE! Shop the HOLIDAY Catalog!
- Browse online and see the new products!
- Love one of the bundles? Get it free with Stampin’ Rewards (begins at $150 in product)
- Wish List long? Get a discount on your purchases!
When you order, use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (September: KW3GC3NC). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your September Kit!
Includes the NEW Paisleys & Posies stamp set and inks, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Get the coordinating Paisley Framelits Dies at a discount!