It’s Stamping 101, well maybe Stamping 201 – but either way, vellum is often overlooked because stampers aren’t sure how to handle it. Today’s Faux Stained Glass project will give you ideas and directions for how to use vellum – featuring the online exclusive So Very Merry stamp set.
You’ll want the full set of supplies for this project: Black Embossing Powder, Versamark Ink Pad, Heat Tool (not the same as a hairdryer!), plus vellum and an assortment of Stampin’ Blends Markers for coloring.
There are some specific tips for working with vellum, including how to place adhesive (I’m sharing a cheat/trick today where you don’t have to adhere on the design at all). And remember that the alcohol-based Stampin’ Blends Markers will work differently on vellum since the ink doesn’t saturate the paper fibers like they do with cardstock.
Plus I have two versions of the card to share – one with an undermount shadowbox effect, and the other as a regular card layer. Do you have a favorite?
Ready to shop?
Add items to your cart with November Host code HAV2XUUN for LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Faux Stained Glass with Vellum – Stampin’ Up! Tutorial
Add items to your cart with November hostess code HAV2XUUN for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Faux Stained Glass – Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Host code HAV2XUUN)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. November Winter Owls Bundle Tutorials are available through November 31.
- You won’t find these products in any catalog, which means you can always find fresh, never-before-seen products to spark your creativity and expand your crafting collection. All from the convenience of my online store.
- NEW Online Exclusives will release several times throughout the year – watch for the NEXT new batch of products to launch on November 7!
- Interested in early access? Pre-Order access is a perk of being a demonstrator! I’d love to help you get started – and to help you take advantage of this fun early ordering perk! Check out the Starter Kit to begin.
- Shop now
- Up to 60% off stamp, papers and more!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use November Hostess Code (HAV2XUUN). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family – and get a terrific discount on your Starter Kit, plus the orders you place as a demonstrator! AND early access to new products like new colors, stamps and accessories!