Lately I’ve been on a kick to make the MOST of my designer series paper sheets. So I’ve started a new series of #DSPCardBase projects! One of my favorite parts about these cards is that you get to see BOTH sides of these pretty papers – and so does the person who receives your card.
One consideration – to splurge or not to splurge.
You have the choice to make your DSP Card Base with either a 4″ or a 4 1/4″ wide strip of paper. The advantage of 4″ is that you can get 3 cards bases out of your sheet of DSP, where the traditional card size only gets you 2 card bases. But I understand the ‘need’ to see that 4 1/4″ card 🙂
Making these cards is so simple. Pick a sheet of DSP, cut a strip to either 4″ or 4 1/4″ wide and trim it down to 11″ so it will still fit in a medium envelope. You’re ready to decorate! And inside the card, cut a layer of neutral cardstock to create a spot for your message.
The decorations on this card are simple – and don’t take too many supplies. ALL the strips of pretty papers are from the same Pretty Petals paper, just mixed and matched. One of my favorite things about Stampin’ Up! DSP is that the patterns and colors are coordinated by the fabulous artists at Stampin’ Up! – which makes our design process even simpler. Just select and combine!
And the Designer Elements (little metal flowers) are my hands-down new favorite embellishment. They come in gold, silver and copper, all in the same package, and I’ve been using them on EVERYTHING lately! They’re a pretty neutral design pattern, so they match lots of suites, and they’re such an understated elegant addition to a project.
Products You’ll Need for Stamping at Home (click images to shop online):
Shop the NEW Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family with the SPECIAL in August!!
Storage by Stampin’ Up!
Shop online – Your space. Your Way.
- Back in stock! Get your supplies organized the way YOU want them!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (August: MZ3CRWH4). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!