The trouble with trifolds – especially ones with short flaps, is that they just don’t stay closed. This Hidden Buckle solution is one you’ll want to remember – SO simple, with no extra cutting and no extra supplies. Just an adhesive trick that makes everything stay together.
See how the top stays closed? The trick is in the cutting and scoring on this otherwise simple card. When it’s opened, you have a fabulous trifold card.
Here’s what you need to know:
Hidden Buckle Trifold Card Directions
- Card Base: 9” x 4 ¼” scored at 3” and 7 ¼”
- Inside and Outside Layers: 4” x 4”
- For this trifold card, score the base layer as shown, then add adhesive on the left (main) card front only. Add front panel to card, allowing right flap to be trapped between the front panel and the card base layer. This ‘hidden buckle’ will keep the card closed.
To place the adhesive strips, just keep them about 1/4″ to 1/2″ away from the short flap of the trifold card base.
A handy ready-to-pin graphic for the Hidden Buckle Trifold Card:
As one of my February LovenStamps Project Tutorials, I’ve got a printable PDF tutorial available for free with any size order in my online store during February. For orders over $50, you’ll receive not only the printable PDF but also 2 project kits in the mail. Just add your stamps and ink and you’ll be stamping in no time!
Ready for the video tutorial? I’ll walk you through the steps on making your own Hidden Buckle Trifold Card.
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. February Tutorials are available through February 28!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online or use 1-click add-to-cart https://s.tamp.in/HXjZ4D):
Shop the January-June and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use February Hostess Code (RHYS3AXU). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Paper Pumpkin March 2020:
- Includes stamps, ink, embellishments and paper to create complete projects.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!