As a crazed stamper (I admit it), I can’t enter a store without being on the lookout for “Stampables.”
This is the term that I use for any object that I could stamp on, cover with cardstock or otherwise alter with my stamping goodies. I now have a HUGE stash of all kinds of ‘stampables’.
And I don’t know if this is better or worse, but I also recruit my friends and family to help with my Stampable searches. Recently my parents found a case of these cool metal tins. Originally they had chocolates inside, but they’re empty now (I plead the Fifth!).
The box here is covered with Shades of Spring Designer Series Paper (Occasions Mini Catalog!), cut with the Scallop Circle die for the Big Shot.
The flowers are my favorite part though–they’re done with two different punches: the Scallop Circle Punch and the Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch. And don’t forget the 2-Step Bird Punch for the cute little leaves!
Here are the directions for these Layered Punch Flowers:
- Punch at least 5 Scallop Circles from Designer Series Paper.
- Line them up on top of each other, then use scissors to cut between every other scallop towards the center. Stop cutting about 1/4-1/2” from the scallop center.
- Use a Paper Piercing Tool to poke a hole through all layers of paper and use a brad (Rhinestone or Corduroy work great) to secure all the layers.
- Gently rotate the layers so that the petals stagger between the paper layers. Scrunch all the paper layers into the center to curl the ‘petals’.
The cards inside the box are 3 x 6″ and stamped with the fabulous Flower Fancy stamp set. It’s on sale during April for 20% OFF, so be sure to check out the 2-Step into Spring SALE! Plus I did a gift box with this stamp set recently.
So what makes a good “Stampable”? Here’s my list. (you can print it and put it in your purse for future reference, or commit it to memory if you’re as crazy as me 😉
- smooth surfaces (no embossing or weird bumps)
- printed designs don’t overlap the edges (edges are hard to cover, so you want clean colors)
- main color is something you LIKE (again, it’s hard to cover the edges)
- bonus points if the container includes candy that you like (pretty obvious…)
Do you live in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois (or close enough to drive)? Then you’re welcome to join us for Stamp Club with Meg in April (tonight, April 8th and next Wednesday, April 14th)! You’ll get to make your very own Gift Box with matching card set at Stamp Club! Drop me an email if you’d like more details.
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Stamps: Flower Fancy, Heard from the Heart
Ink: Basic Brown, So Saffron, Rose Red, Old Olive
Paper: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Shades of Spring Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Scallop Circle Die, Scallop Circle Punch, Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, 2-Step Bird Punch, Sticky Strip, Paper Piercing Tool, Pretty in Pink Corduroy Brads, Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brads