A simple card with a great big message – learn to layer elements and embellishments for this quick #simplestamping card, no die cutting required. Add the Cloud Punch shapes for extra layering options. Colors today are chosen from the Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper, available through Sale-a-bration, so don’t miss it before it’s gone at the end of February.
You’ve probably noticed that I’m a big fan of the Rainbows of Happiness stamp set and bundle – so much so that I made a top to coordinate! Credit to The Styled Magnolia for the fabulous marbled fabric, and to Greenstyle Creations Patterns for the Clara Wrap top pattern and the purple Cambria top pattern underneath.
The coordinating Brilliant Rainbow Dies add extra layering options, but today’s rainbow is fussy cut – a simple task, since the cutting is all curves. Don’t like how your fussy cutting comes out? Here’s a huge tip: don’t turn your cutting hand at all. The scissors should just close together in one continuous straight line. It’s your OTHER hand – the one holding the paper – that should be doing all the turning and twisting.
How to Fussy Cut for Stamping and Scrapbooking:
It sounds so simple, but I hear from so many stampers that they hate the way their fussy cutting looks. So I’ve got a few tips for you.
- The scissors should just close together in one continuous straight line.
- It’s your OTHER hand – the one holding the paper – that should be doing all the turning and twisting.
- Open the scissors as wide as is reasonable, then close them in one continuous cut (don’t make tons of little snips).
- Stop the cut before you reach the tip of the scissors. Yes, you can snip to the tip for fabrics, but often scissors will leave a tiny tear at the tip if you do this on paper. Stop just shy of the tip.
Not sure what I mean? I’ll talk about it in the video today. I promise, it’s a game changer.
Get the supplies for today’s card in the mail – pre-punched and pre-diecut, with January LovenStamps Card Kits ‘to go’, free with a $50 order in my online store this month. Learn more with the link below.
Have you seen the Sale-A-Bration perks yet? SO many fun items that you can earn for free – including today’s Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper! And be sure to check out my other Rainbows of Happiness project ideas. I’ll be sharing 4 coordinating projects using this set of supplies, which you can get as LovenStamps PDF Tutorials during January, free with any sized order in my online store. And if you go ahead and select at least $50 in products to earn your free Sale-A-Bration selection, then you’ll also get my LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” for January, along with your LovenStamps Perks Points!
Be sure to check the video tutorial below for all the tips on creating and assembling this fun rainbow project.
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Cloud Punch Collage Background Technique – a Rainbow Sale-A-Bration Stampin’ Up! Video Tutorial:
Add items to your cart with January hostess code Q3YFH422 for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Rainbows of Happiness Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code Q3YFH422)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. January Rainbow of Happiness Tutorials are available through January 31.
Shop online – January 4 to February 28, 2022 – get FREE Stampin’ Up! products when you shop!
- Shop early for the best chance at papers, kits, and embellishments retiring soon.
- Available While Supplies Last!
- When you order: use January Hostess Code (Q3YFH422). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
I’d love to have you join my LovenStampfuls Demonstrator Family!
- Join me and my team of demonstrators – located all over the US.
- From Jan 4 to Feb 28, get the $99 Starter Kit — including $126 in Stampin’ Up! catalog products of your choice, PLUS TWO BONUS Free Stamp Sets!! Shipping is free!
- SO many perks available – early access to new items, discounts on your purchases, be sure to check out all the goodies!
- Happy Shoppers are welcome!
- Or try something new – I’m happy to help you build your creative business!
- Learn more and get started by ordering your kit today: