Heading into spring, today’s fun fold card gives you options for layering your greetings and decorations. I’ll show you the secret of getting perfect Triple Layer Panel card cuts and matching patterns every time. Hint: don’t cut that paper yet! Featuring the pretty Abstract Beauty Designer Series Paper with gold foil and the coordinating Ephemera Pack, we’ll create layered focal points that show off these 80’s throwback patterns and shapes.
The focal point on the front of this card is enhanced twice – once with the fun die cut using the Beautiful Shapes Dies (bundled with the Hello Beautiful stamp set), then again with the Abstract Beauty Ephemera Pack frame. The flower in the center panel is from the Ephemera Pack, too.
I love a good card with a Fun Fold – so much that I have a whole category for them on my blog! And this particular Abstract Beauty card layered layout is one you’ll want to use over and over again. The fun doesn’t need to end when the first card layer is opened!
In the video tutorial, I recommend using a Paper Trimmer to cut through just the cardstock layer first, for the cleanest cuts. Then the designer series paper is added and the cuts are made again. With the Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer (love it), the measured cuts are pretty easy to make. You might find that the direction you cut makes a difference in your precision – I sometimes find it’s easiest to start the cuts on the center score line.
Today’s card is one of 4 featured in my March LovenStamps Monthly Tutorials with the Abstract Beauty Suite. Each month I carefully select a group of coordinating supplies – stamps, ink, papers and embellishments – then design 4 fabulous projects using only those products. You’ll love crafting these 4 projects at home! You can follow along with the monthly LovenStamps Project Tutorial videos, or you can follow the directions in my printable PDF tutorials – a new tutorial set is available free each month with an order you place in my online Stampin Up store.
Plus if your order is at least $50, then you’ll also receive LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” – two ready-to-stamp card kits mailed to your home for 2 of the monthly projects – including today’s card. Just add your stamps and ink, and I’ll supply the pre-cut papers.
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy – including the 4 (plus a bonus #5) Daffodil Daydream Tutorials for February 2022.
Triple Layer Panel Card with Abstract Beauty DSP – Stampin’ Up! Video Tutorial
Add items to your cart with March hostess code GUGBHBRJ for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Abstract Beauty Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code GUGBHBRJ)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Abstract Beauty Tutorials are available through March 31.
Shop the January – June 2022 Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (GUGBHBRJ). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Savings are in Bloom! 20% off the Mini Stampin’ Cut Machine
This mini—but mighty—machine is durable, portable, and easy to use. It’s the perfect pick for budding beginners who want to branch out, papercrafting pros who want to craft on the go, or those who are short on storage space! With this trusty tool, any crafter can make precise cuts and embossed designs for their projects with one pass.
During the month of March, you can snag the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine at a 20% discount! Build your craft collection and combine the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with any (or all!) of the select stamp-and-die bundles that are also available for 20% off during the month of March!
- Shop the selection of stamp/die bundles on sale at 20% off
Waves of the Ocean Limited Release Product Suite
Explore artistic expression with this exclusive, early-release collection!
AVAILABLE FROM 1 MARCH TO 2 MAY
Discover the depths of the ocean—and your artistic abilities—with the Waves of the Ocean Collection. With blue hues, sparkles and swirls, and paper with imagery of hand-poured paint, you’ll be swimming in a sea of inspiration! Craft with this coastal collection for projects that’ll make a splash.
- Shop the NEW limited-time Waves of the Ocean Suite
Paper Pumpkin March 2022: BONUS Free Stamp Set This Month!! (sign up by March 10)
- All the supplies you need to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes.
- An all-occasion stamp set to express gratitude, greetings, and gorgeous little designs.
- A FREE stamp set to celebrate how grateful we are to have YOU as a subscriber. (That’s TWO stamp sets in one kit!)
- Paper pieces and embellishments that coordinate perfectly with the New Horizons Suite Collection in our January–June 2022 Mini Catalog.
- Elegant watercolor designs curated by our in-house artists to take your crafting to the next level. And save you so much time!
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!