It’s a match made in the heavens – this sweet Stellar Birthday stamp set with astronauts (and an astro-dog!) plus the gorgeous deep blues Waves of the Ocean Designer Series Paper. Instead of ocean swirls, the blue photographed paint pour images of the DSP create a starry sky background. Turn a basic card into a WOW card by creating a spinner card using the soon-to-retire Give It A Whirl Dies. This set of window and spinner dies intimidated me at first, but they’re SO well engineered that this window spinner card practically assembled itself.
Don’t miss out on this stamp set – it’s on the Last Chance Products List, available while supplies last or only until May 2. The Give It A Whirl Dies will continue to be available with the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog.
I’ll share the tips and tricks (you don’t need many) for making a window spinner card from the Give It A Whirl Dies, plus we’re covering the basics today, too – directions on how to mount your Stampin’ Up! rubber cling stamps, and simple steps for how and when to use Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers.
Any extra images you can use to cover up the mechanics inside the card. In the video I’ll share my tip for keeping the brad (yup, a brad holds this thing together) from turning. Hint – it’s the way I attached the rocket ship.
For little details, I love the tiny stitched arrow that tells the card recipient that they should turn the dial for more. I botched the placement in the video for Maker Mornings with Meg live, since I should have used washi tape, but you can see how the placement should work in the photo below:
And then the greeting appears!
For special people in your life – or ones who appreciate engineering or an extra fun element, cards that move are my favorite layout. The Give It A Whirl Dies allow for endless combinations with a variety of stamp sets – definitely not limited to this cute astronaut from the Stellar Birthday stamp set.
How to Make a Spinner Card with Give It A Whirl Dies
- Cut card base to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and score in half at 4 1/4″.
- Use frame die from Give It A Whirl Dies to cut card overlay – be sure to place window die and cut at the same time by lining up the center spindle.
- Cut the Basic White spinner element. Temporarily layer overlay and spinner to allow for positioning of your greeting through the hole.
- Position the front overlay on the folded card front and poke a hole through the center spindle through the card front. Layer the elements with a brad to hold them together.
- Decorate as desired.
These stamps and dies are terrific together – great for sweet cards for kids, or for the astrophysicist in your life (one of our Maker Morning with Meg viewers has 2 in her life and she can’t wait to make these cards for them!!). Seriously though, this card will make nearly anyone smile – try it!
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
For the video: Quick note – the Give It A Whirl Dies are *not* retiring! Hooray! But the Stellar Birthday set will retire by May 2 – apologies for any confusion!
Spinner Card with Give It A Whirl Dies – Stampin’ Up! Video Tutorial
Add items to your cart with March hostess code GUGBHBRJ for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Stellar Birthday Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code GUGBHBRJ)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Abstract Beauty Tutorials are available through March 31.
Shop the January – June 2022 Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (GUGBHBRJ). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Savings are in Bloom! 20% off the Mini Stampin’ Cut Machine
- This mini—but mighty—machine is durable, portable, and easy to use. It’s the perfect pick for budding beginners who want to branch out, papercrafting pros who want to craft on the go, or those who are short on storage space! With this trusty tool, any crafter can make precise cuts and embossed designs for their projects with one pass. During the month of March, you can snag the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine at a 20% discount! Build your craft collection and combine the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with any (or all!) of the select stamp-and-die bundles that are also available for 20% off during the month of March!
- Shop the selection of stamp/die bundles on sale at 20% off
Waves of the Ocean Limited Release Product Suite
- Explore artistic expression with this exclusive, early-release collection!
AVAILABLE FROM 1 MARCH TO 2 MAY
- Discover the depths of the ocean—and your artistic abilities—with the Waves of the Ocean Collection. With blue hues, sparkles and swirls, and paper with imagery of hand-poured paint, you’ll be swimming in a sea of inspiration! Craft with this coastal collection for projects that’ll make a splash.
- Shop the NEW limited-time Waves of the Ocean Suite
Paper Pumpkin April 2022: sign up by April 10
- All the supplies you need to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes.
- Cards are created with a unique folding technique to commemorate moments of change. The designs are inspired by the natural cycles of change found in nature.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!