You’ll never catch me saying that a card for an outdoors person is a guy card – I’m fresh off the trail from a weekend backpacking trip in southern Illinois, with the sun and wind burn to prove it! The Hats Off Bundle (going going, gone soon) is the perfect stamp set to say thanks to my husband though – who is an amazing dad and scout leader. The wood grain varieties in the In Good Taste DSP (on sale at 40% off) provided the ideal complement to this Extended Z Fold Card.
For special people in your life – or ones who appreciate engineering, cards that move are my favorite layout. The Extended Z Fold has simple layers that come together to create a unique card shape with a surprise opening, plus 3 panels to convey your message.
How to Make an Extended Z Fold Card
- Cut card base to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 1 1/4″ and 11″.
- Fold in half, then fold front flap back. Attach 4″ x 4 1/4″ panel (In Good Taste paper here).
- Inside card, layer 4″ x 4″ Basic White cardstock for greeting, then add 1 1/2″ DSP strip for decoration.
- Stamp and decorate as desired, shown here with the Hats Off stamp set and coordinating Hat Builder Dies.
These stamps and dies are terrific together – great for outdoors cards, baseball and softball cards – pretty much anyone cards. Change up the colors to match your theme.
The Brushed Metallic Dots add the perfect accent to today’s card fronts – almost like faux nail heads.
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Extended Z Fold Cards: Hats Off – Stampin’ Up! Video Tutorial
Add items to your cart with March hostess code GUGBHBRJ for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Want to see some pics from my trip?
Hats Off Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code GUGBHBRJ)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Abstract Beauty Tutorials are available through March 31.
Shop the January – June 2022 Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (GUGBHBRJ). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Savings are in Bloom! 20% off the Mini Stampin’ Cut Machine
- This mini—but mighty—machine is durable, portable, and easy to use. It’s the perfect pick for budding beginners who want to branch out, papercrafting pros who want to craft on the go, or those who are short on storage space! With this trusty tool, any crafter can make precise cuts and embossed designs for their projects with one pass. During the month of March, you can snag the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine at a 20% discount! Build your craft collection and combine the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with any (or all!) of the select stamp-and-die bundles that are also available for 20% off during the month of March!
- Shop the selection of stamp/die bundles on sale at 20% off
Waves of the Ocean Limited Release Product Suite
- Explore artistic expression with this exclusive, early-release collection!
AVAILABLE FROM 1 MARCH TO 2 MAY
- Discover the depths of the ocean—and your artistic abilities—with the Waves of the Ocean Collection. With blue hues, sparkles and swirls, and paper with imagery of hand-poured paint, you’ll be swimming in a sea of inspiration! Craft with this coastal collection for projects that’ll make a splash.
- Shop the NEW limited-time Waves of the Ocean Suite
Paper Pumpkin April 2022: sign up by April 10
- All the supplies you need to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes.
- Cards are created with a unique folding technique to commemorate moments of change. The designs are inspired by the natural cycles of change found in nature.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!