Pull the card out of the envelope and it’s a pretty, unassuming flower card. But start to open the card and you’ll see that this is no ordinary greeting – it’s a card that moves! These special Z-Fold Cards have a cool element inside that keeps the card front showing when the card is open – too cool!
This card features the Remarkable You stamp set and the Lots of Labels Framelit Dies that debuted this summer. And guess what? The Remarkable You set is on the Weekly Deals in my online store this week! Perfect time to add it to your collection at a discount! Here’s the quick “how to” on putting these cards together.
How to Make Your Own Z-Fold Cards:
- Fold the card body in half (4 1/4” x 11”) and use a Lots of Label framelit die and the Big Shot to cut a hole in the front.
- Use the same framelit size to die cut the contrasting color layer.
- Use the next smaller framelit size to die cut the Whisper White layer for the card front. Stamp and layer all the card front pieces.
- Cut a strip of Whisper White card stock for the z-fold mechanism – 2 3/4” x 8 1/4” and score at 2 3/4” from each end. Stamp, then fold the z.
- Close the card front and use Fast Fuse or Tear Tape Adhesive to stick the folded z-fold piece inside the card – placing it in the center of the front window cut-out. Be sure the z-fold is facing the correct direction.
- With the card front closed, adhere the layered card front die cut pieces to the z-fold piece. Use Fast Fuse or Tear Tape for best results.
That’s it! This card looks complicated, but my Stamp Club members agreed that it’s not nearly as difficult as it looks. But you can be sure the that final card is impressive!
Looking for more ideas? Be sure to check my blog tag for Fun Fold Cards!
Shop the HOLIDAY Catalog!
- Browse online and see the new products!
- Love one of the bundles? Get it free with Stampin’ Rewards (begins at $150 in product)
- Wish List long? Get a discount on your purchases!
Sign up today for your September Kit!
Includes the Acorny Thank You stamp set, Ink Pads, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
*Get the Best Value Option and add the coordinating Acorn Punch at a discount!