Do you have a stamp set that’s been on your Wish List for more than a catalog or two, and you just haven’t gotten down to it yet? The Beautiful Season stamp set is that one for me (see the full set online). Or at least it WAS that set, because now I have it on my shelf!
This is a gorgeous set for watercoloring (stay tuned for a Stamps in the Mail Club announcement on watercolor!) but it’s also a perfect detail set for a monochromatic card — it doesn’t need any coloring at all.
The bold Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler colors are paired with the coordinating Snow Festival Designer Series Paper (see the patterns).
And I am in love with my new Window Frames Collection Framelits (see them online). They’re my new favorite frame shape, especially with the coordinating Festive Paper Piercing Pack (see the shapes online), and especially because the Frame Pack can be yours for free during the October Stampin’ Up! special! (see more about the free Festive pack).
This card has a fun surprise inside — it’s a Tunnel Card!
These are surprisingly simple to create. I’ve included some brief directions for this particular card, which folds to a finished 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ size.
- Score a piece of 4 ¼” x 8 1/2” card stock at 4 1/4”
- Cut the inner layer (Whisper White) to 4” x 8 1/4”. Score at 2 1/8″, 4 1/8″ and 6 1/8″
- Cut the center hole around the center score line with a Framelit from the Window Frame Collection set.
- Pierce around the framelit hole with the coordinating Festive Piercing Template. Then assemble layers.
- Remember to keep glue on only the two outside panels of the Whisper White layer (I like the Multipurpose Liquid Glue for this best)
- Add center stamped greeting layer
Here’s a tip for you — let your card dry before you play with it too much. It’s tempting to want to play, but your layers will adhere better in the long run if you give them a chance to dry.
Stamps: Beautiful Season; Ink: Cherry Cobbler; Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Gumball Green, Snow Festival Designer Series Paper; Accessories: Big Shot, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, Window Frames Collection Framelits, Jewels Pearls