Ever want a background layer that adds interest but doesn’t pull away from the main design? On this Paisleys & Posies card, I used the Spritzed Masking technique to add a light layer behind the pretty paisley stamping on the circle. There’s just enough color to add the idea of a layer, but nothing extra to cut or cover your design elements.
The colors in this card also make it a great choice for the guys in your life. Dapper Denim, Cajun Craze and Delightful Dijon with copper accents create a terrific masculine color scheme.
Spritzed Masking Technique Tutorial
- Fill the Stampin’ Spritzer with rubbing alcohol and add 5-6 drops of Delightful Dijon Stampin’ Ink Refill. Water can also be used, but the alcohol will dry more quickly.
- Use the Layering Circle Framelits to cut two scallop circles. Use the next smaller circle die cut from the same set to cut the center out of one scallop circle.
- Layer the die cut circle mask over the die cut scallop circle. Spritz 4-5 times or until desired color is produced. Remove mask.
See? Simple! Be sure to add a Spritzed Masking effect to your next project!
NOW AVAILABLE! Shop the HOLIDAY Catalog!
- Browse online and see the new products!
- Love one of the bundles? Get it free with Stampin’ Rewards (begins at $150 in product)
- Wish List long? Get a discount on your purchases!
When you order, use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (September: KW3GC3NC). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your September Kit!
Includes the NEW Paisleys & Posies stamp set and inks, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Get the coordinating Paisleys Framelits Dies at a discount!